Windy Ridge Mt. St. Helens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aperture wide open (low F-stop) will do that for you. Blurs the background and keeps the foreground in sharp focus. If you want the background and foreground to remain in focus. Use a high F-stop.
Just to add: The effect is called "bokeh". You could do Google search on that for more information on how to achieve it reliably...though don't let the pros take you too deep in the weeds. What Puppychow says is basically it.

I was just at St. Helen's July 1st. I hadn't been there since 1995 and vowed to get back every 10 years to see the progress. Whoops, didn't quite make that. '95 one could really still see the devastation. I was surprised how much things have recovered and another 20 years will make what happened seem a distant memory.

Ah, nature. It just keeps move'n on. :)

My bro lives in Seattle as well and we did a trip up to St. Helen a few times. Being from Alabama I couldnt believe how incredible it is up there. I am super jealous of all you PNW motorcyclists!!

IMG_9397+%2528640x480%2529.jpg

A canopy of trees along FS 99 near Cougar Washington

IMG_9399+%25282%2529+%2528640x480%2529.jpg

FS 99 joins FS 90 at Swift Reservoir hugging two reservoirs along some excellent pavement all the way to Woodland. We stopped at the Lewis River Golf Course for a tasty lunch.
Nice report Fontanman, enjoyed it immensely. Sorry you couldn't make the Day Before Ride. Remember, you can do Mt. St. Helens more than once and should come again in September for the second Volcano Ride.

Note above that FS 99 tees into FS 25. The two pictures above are on FS25, which tees into FS90 just north of Swift.

Lets do it again.