Wrecked the '15 already

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not wanting to pile on... you will get better, AND the bike will get fixed!

When talking to insurance, remind them of the gear damaged (helmet and jacket (minus depreciation?)) can add up to alot.

Also, even though the tires only have 22 miles, THEY SUCK SHIT!!! Get them replaced w/ PR 2, 3 or 4 and be happy !

I replaced the OEM front recently, and LOVE the bike 50% more ever since!
punk.gif

Get well and ALWAYS ask for help getting those hard to reach places clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redfish, you're one of the Forum Family who I greatly respect. Your kindness and generosity are documented here. Why do bad things happen to good people? Bad things happen to everyone, I guess, but good things, too! Look for the silver linings...like seeing that you have hundreds of friends here who actually give a damn about you though they've never even met you.

Oh, shit! Hurt ribs are bad! Like a hot knife someone is twisting. I know. Give 'em three weeks and most of the pain will be gone. Take the pills! Get the bike fixed, then ride on.

Sorry to hear about your new bike Red, but I'm really glad you are here to talk about it and laugh at some of the insane posts some of your FJR brothers have posted on this thread. A bike can be fixed or replaced but we can't be replaced or even fixed properly at times so count your blessings my friend. You and your bike will be good as new before you know it. Get well soon.

Dang!

Sorry to hear aboot the rib, but it'll heal.

As for the bike... Just remember, chicks dig scars, man.

Bikes can be fixed more easily than flesh and bones...
I don't know, Wheatie....the girl I work with who tossed her "new" Ninja 650R this weekend had 3 tib-fib fractures from her little get-off. The docs put a titanium rod in and had her back in her room in less than 2 hours.

Bet any dealer, around here anyway, couldn't even get RFH's parts ordered in less than 2 hours, much less replace them. :D

DooD! Sorry about the get-off. Seems nothing more to add except I'm dealing right now with 2 separated and 1 cracked rib, lower right. Non-bike related. Brutal man, just brutal. Wish I could say it was the first time but noooooo. As the dr says, "at your age you'd think you'd be smart enough to quit doing stoopit shit".

Take the advice and hug that pillow. Painkillers obviously. And Day-Quil (preemptive) helps a lot. Heal up soon buddy. The bike fix is the easy part, you not so much.

'fish....finally some REALLY good advice -- pillow usage!

If you feel the need to sneeze, cough, laugh, fart or orgasm, grab a pillow and squeeze it over your injured ribs as hard as you can (without breaking another!).

DooD! Sorry about the get-off. Seems nothing more to add except I'm dealing right now with 2 separated and 1 cracked rib, lower right. Non-bike related. Brutal man, just brutal. Wish I could say it was the first time but noooooo. As the dr says, "at your age you'd think you'd be smart enough to quit doing stoopit shit".
Take the advice and hug that pillow. Painkillers obviously. And Day-Quil (preemptive) helps a lot. Heal up soon buddy. The bike fix is the easy part, you not so much.
This thread needs at least one hi-jack. How did you break your ribs?

This thread needs at least one hi-jack. How did you break your ribs?
Didn't put 2 and 2 and 2 together. Slippery carport floor. Arms full of donation stuff. Wet leaves. Down I went, landed on the brick wall that surrounds 2 sides of the carport.

The bitch of it is I go on vacation for 10 days starting Friday. No biking but I wasn't planning on it anyway. But I was planning on 7 days of golf in Myrtle Beach, SC. We'll see how that goes, not so comfortable swinging a club. Maybe just bourbon and puttputt, eh.

Read the story. Saw the pictures. Hope you heal quickly. Glad to see AGATT. Hope you get the new scoot fixed the way you want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
.....Glad to see AGATT.....
I know you were talking to RedFH but I had to chuckle. Maybe I should get myself some body armor and wear my helmet whenever I go outside. You know, just in case. Not my biking helmet, too expensive. Maybe a "special football helmet" so I don't hurt myself anymore. Jeebus, what a clumsy boob. Wife got my laughing just b/c she can. Damn near when to my knees.

On a more serious note (if that is possible) as many others have already said, I don't really believe that the tires are to blame in this case. Yeah the factory special BT023's would not be my choice for a replacement tire, but they do not wash out the front end of the bike on their own account. OTOH it doesn't take too much frost on the road to completely screw up your available traction. And road surface temperatures can often be several degrees lower than air temp under the right conditions.

This has been an unusual autumn as far as the low temps in the southern half of the continent. I'm sure that riders in the deep south are not exactly "in-tune" with these hazards since they seldom encounter them. Yeah, you can ride in freezing or below temps, but you have to do so gingerly, always on the alert for potential loss of traction. Best to work on squaring the rear tire off and save the corner carving for the warmer weather.

Heal up fast, Andrew.

On a more serious note (if that is possible) as many others have already said, I don't really believe that the tires are to blame in this case. Yeah the factory special BT023's would not be my choice for a replacement tire, but they do not wash out the front end of the bike on their own account. OTOH it doesn't take too much frost on the road to completely screw up your available traction. And road surface temperatures can often be several degrees lower than air temp under the right conditions.
This has been an unusual autumn as far as the low temps in the southern half of the continent. I'm sure that riders in the deep south are not exactly "in-tune" with these hazards since they seldom encounter them. Yeah, you can ride in freezing or below temps, but you have to do so gingerly, always on the alert for potential loss of traction. Best to work on squaring the rear tire off and save the corner carving for the warmer weather.

Heal up fast, Andrew.
I don't see the tires causing this either. We have a corner near my home that will ice over before others in the area and thaw last. There are large drainage pipes running under the road, so I suspect that's the cause. Considering the accident in the OP happened in a corner and from the way it's described I expect different tires wouldn't have mattered.