• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTT: My V-Stream for your Cee Bailey with flip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LagerHead

Reaction score
I have the V-Stream windshield, which I love by the way, and would like to see if anyone is interested in trading for their Cee Bailey with flip. The only reason I am pursuing this is because the wife still gets buffeted with the V-Stream, probably because I am short and don't block the wind. I have ridden with this windshield in the winter and it did a great job keeping me warm. I just need the additional height to see if I can get my wife on the back with me.

I will ship my windshield in advance to you and you can use the same box (if it fits) to return ship.

Height: 20.50 in. (52.0cm)

Width: 21.50 in. (54.6cm) VStream Windscreens are measured vertically from the bottom center edge to the top of the screen, and horizontally across the back at the widest point.

Stock photo from https://nationalcycle...e/VStream.shtml

VS_N20301_FJR1300_600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have a GenII Baileys flip, but I just want to warn you that with that fully up you get quite a push into your back. Don't quite know how bad that would be for a pillion, never tried that. I guess I can look at what shape it's in and send you some pics. BTW, I assume based on your bike being a 2008 AE that your V-Stream looks like in THIS picture.

VSYASN20302FJR1300_600.jpg

Let me know!

I do have a GenII Baileys flip, but I just want to warn you that with that fully up you get quite a push into your back. Don't quite know how bad that would be for a pillion. I guess I can look at what shape it's in and send you some pics. BTW, I assume your V-Stream is a GENII like in THIS picture.

Let me know!
Ah, good catch. Yes, it is a Gen II, on my '08.

You are the first to comment on the EXACT issue my wife is having. She gets buffeted by the vortexes created behind her with the V-Stream in the up position. In the down position she gets buffeted badly by the air coming off the top of my helmet. It sounds like I just need to get taller. Damn genetics. For the record I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam. My wife is 5'5" so her head sits a bit above mine (due to the slight forward lean and her seat being an inch of so higher.)

Do you think I may just be destined for a life of riding alone, at least as far as the FJR is concerned?

I do have a GenII Baileys flip, but I just want to warn you that with that fully up you get quite a push into your back. Don't quite know how bad that would be for a pillion. I guess I can look at what shape it's in and send you some pics. BTW, I assume your V-Stream is a GENII like in THIS picture.

Let me know!

You are the first to comment on the EXACT issue my wife is having. She gets buffeted by the vortexes created behind her with the V-Stream in the up position. In the down position she gets buffeted badly by the air coming off the top of my helmet. It sounds like I just need to get taller. Damn genetics. For the record I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam. My wife is 5'5" so her head sits a bit above mine (due to the slight forward lean and her seat being an inch of so higher.)

Do you think I may just be destined for a life of riding alone, at least as far as the FJR is concerned?
The Flip has been kind of bad for me when going a little faster with my top box on; the back became quite unstable and started dancing around. I did end up buying a Nelson Rigg bag My bike with Nelson Rigg, that took care of the issue completely, but ended up just shelving the Flip for normal use, just swapping between the OEM and the CalSci shields instead.

So with my big CalSci shield in fully up I do NOT get the feeling of back pressure, I wonder if that one would make more sense for you to try out as compared to the Cee Bailee Flip. I like that one very much myself though, so I don't want to trade mine, sorry!

Let me know!

The Flip has been kind of bad for me when going a little faster with my top box on; the back became quite unstable and started dancing around. I did end up buying a Nelson Rigg bag My bike with Nelson Rigg, that took care of the issue completely, but ended up just shelving the Flip for normal use, just swapping between the OEM and the CalSci shields instead.

So with my big CalSci shield in fully up I do NOT get the feeling of back pressure, I wonder if that one would make more sense for you to try out as compared to the Cee Bailee Flip. I like that one very much myself though, so I don't want to trade mine, sorry!
Chris, this response is greatly appreciated. I have asked the question on here before but you were the first one that had experienced what we are experiencing. Maybe I will take your advice and try out the Cal Sci instead. I need to find a solution though because I'm not shelling out $700 for Russell Day Longs for the two of us if she can't even ride with me on it.

I guess I'll have to withdraw this offer based on Chris's information. Thanks again.

If a mod sees this, please close it. Thanks.