• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cee Bailey Tinted Reverse-Flip Windshield For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
Hi all.

As the title says, I have a Tinted, Reverse-Flip Cee Bailey windshield I need to sell. It's for a GenII. I got it from a forum member, and it just didn't work for me. Honest, I don't know what all the +2, +3 stuff means exactly, and since Cee Bailey has stopped making MC shields, I can't even check. So, here's some comparisons:

CB: 20.75" tall, from the bottom center tip of the point to the top of the shield. It is 19.25" wide at its widest point near the bottom before the taper, and 17" wide, right where the flip starts. It's in beautiful shape and has very few miles on it. I put less than 6k on it, and it was very new when I got it. It looks awesome on my FJR. No scratches or weird swirls...at All!

The OEM shield, for size comparison is 18.5" tall from the tip of the lower center point to the top. It is 19" wide at its widest point, near the bottom before the taper, and 16 inches wide, a few inches below the top.

I'm not going to argue with posting pictures here. Just not in the mood for that argument. If you're interested, please PM me your email, and I'll send you the pictures.

I'd like $125 plus shipping. I think that's a little less than what I paid. These are just over $200, new, with shipping, and are not available any more.

Thanks!

Ok, here's some links to Flickr. I'll read up on how to do it correctly, but in the mean time:

https://flic.kr/p/25gjrAi

https://flic.kr/p/22vpcCs

https://flic.kr/p/FB88rp

https://flic.kr/p/25cEMdu

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one of these on my 08. It appears to be the 2+ 2+ model which they claimed at the time was 2" taller and 2" wider than stock. It worked to perfection for me. Quiet behind raised all the way and could still look over the top.

Put the same on my 2014 and it doesn't work as well as the Gen II model.

Me 6'3". Normal from waist up, long legs.

Maybe that can help someone decide.

I have a similar Cee Bailey shield that's 2 inches taller with the flip and stock width (sounds like yours is a plus 2 inches wide). This is my "go to" summer shield because it provides good wind protection without buffeting when raised, yet allows for good airflow when lowered. The Vstream gets winter duty around here, but If I had to only own one shield all year yours would be the one I'd get!

Really, no one? I'm betting my rifle punches awesome holes on it at about 1100 yards. I need to test a new mount anyway, and this is about the size of a man's chest.

I don't see why this hasn't sold yet. That is a great windshield and Cee Bailey sure isn't making any more of them. There should be some Gen2 owners out there that at least want to try this out.

Pop loved his although in a lighter tint. We still haven't found a shield for his Gen3 that he likes as much as this one.

I'm with Red. I nearly posted my gen3 a year or so ago. So glad I didn't. It's an awesome winter screen, and now basically irreplaceable.

Are you on the Facebook fjr buy/sell group, 'zilla?

Really, no one? I'm betting my rifle punches awesome holes on it at about 1100 yards. I need to test a new mount anyway, and this is about the size of a man's chest.
If you get a nice group right in the middle you can raise the price cause it has a custom vent.JSNS

I'm with Red. I nearly posted my gen3 a year or so ago. So glad I didn't. It's an awesome winter screen, and now basically irreplaceable.Are you on the Facebook fjr buy/sell group, 'zilla?
I am not. I don't have a FB account. My wife does. Maybe I could do that. I really thought it wouldn't last 3 days. It's a beautiful shield, and it blocks the wind very well. It just wasn't the right size for me. Maybe I'll try the FB stuff, Letitgo, or Craigslist.

If you get a nice group right in the middle you can raise the price cause it has a custom vent.JSNS
Haha...I'll only be able to do that after I have everything set correctly. That's a long frigging shot with a .308, and there are lots of variables. Haha...If I ever do decide to put holes in it, it may not be as pretty as I'd like.

I'll see if I can go plug it for ya. Someone was asking about recommendations for a good touring shield a few days ago. Can't remember if he had a gen1 or 2 or 3.

Usually these things sell so fast. If i had not just spend some mulla on a 2 track days, gears, crash gaurds and gel seat for the fjr... shoot... i spend so much let me convince myself another 125 is not going to mean anything.

btw i am from communist state of Massachusetts. if i talked putting holes online cops will throw my ass in jail.

Someone please buy this frigging windshield!
I thought long about it, nearly pulled the trigger thinking WTH, something different. But 50% of my commute is after midnight and I'm pretty sure I won't be comfortable with it. Like redfish's Pop I really like the lighter tint one, it seems to help a lot with the reflective glare from the dash.

HRZ this is a fantastic wind screen. If I was not trying to thin my "Over stocked.com"(
weirdsmiley.gif
) items in my garage out, I would snatch this up for sure.

But I would have to ride out to pick it up. (To stop by and pay you a visit… and well yes, your neighbor too.)
rolleyes.gif

If'n you still have it around the SWFOG… never mind .

HRZ this is a fantastic wind screen. If I was not trying to thin my "Over stocked.com"( :weirdsmiley: ) items in my garage out, I would snatch this up for sure. But I would have to ride out to pick it up. (To stop by and pay you a visit… and well yes, your neighbor too.) :rolleyes:

If'n you still have it around the SWFOG… never mind .
Well, if your riding around somewhere and want me to deliver it, let me know. As for the neighbor, she is gone. I think she bought a house. However, not before creating a HUGE clusterfuck last year. I almost beanbagged her son, and 20 cops showed up when she had a huge Black-Friday football party that got WAY out of control. After that stunt, I was glad to see her go!

Can't believe someone hasn't bought this windshield. If I could make it fit on my Gen3 instead of the Cee Bailey I have on there now. This was perfection on my Gen2 bike that I haven't achieved on the Gen3.

Well I have to work that out still, but Ill probsvly traverse the country this summer. #I40isMyFriend
Works for me. It's just sitting in a box in my garage. Maybe I'll move it to storage with my OEM windshield. What's gonna happen one day, is I'm gonna keel over and my wife is gonna give away all my stuff, because she won't know what to do with it. Lol...