WV overniter tomorrow Friday 2nd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest766

Reaction score
Late notice, since the weather report only got better today, but I'm heading south for a casual tour in WV tomorrow and returning late Saturday. Stands up from the Beaver PA Sunoco in town on Rt 68 at 10AM. From there the plan is to scoot down rt 18 to Morgantown. then cross country rt 7 through Kingwood and make the first real touron stop at Blackwater Falls. After that head on down to Seneca Rocks, and camp out near Franklin WV. On Saturday the plan is to head over through Elkins and take whatever non-slab roads lead in the gneral direction of home. 119? 250? 92? 219?

I did this on my Buell a couple falls ago and it was a nice country ride down and back. This is a touring pace ride (5-10 OTSL), with leg stretch breaks every 90 to 120 minutes.

PM me if you are in. Those of you who work...just call in dead and play hookey. You know you want to. ;^)

-Rob

640miles and four states: camped at Thorn Springs Campground near Franklin WV, then went over to Woodstock Virginia (Wolf Gap), and came home via 220 north to Cumberland MD and US rt 40 back to Washington PA.

I was riding WV Saturday, absolutely gorgeous weather. Only bikes I really saw were at gas stations. No one around. Crazy, since it's such an awesome place to ride.

I actually saw a fair number of bikes over in Pendleton County and heading over 33 to VA. Once I hit VA I took a country lane (613) north to Woodstock and even saw bikes on that little cowpath. My sore knees are already better so I'm ready to go back but wont be able to get away until week after next. grumble grumble.