Yamaha T7 Concept bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernCruizer

Is it Beer:30 yet?
Reaction score
Scheduled for 2018 release - mini Super Tenere' - utilizing the FZ-07 engine... Read, enjoy, discuss...

https://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/yamaha/yamaha-t7-concept.html

bike.gif

If you wish to just skip the story and check out the video >>

I wonder if they will be able to re-map and get more grunt. I wasn't impressed by 07, I felt like I had ride it like a two stroke.

I have a KLR and love the old pig but you are talking night & day here. The only thing that they have in common is that they are both big and heavy for a trail bike.

With that being said, I can see me buying one in 2018.

Canadian FJR

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Canadian FJR" data-cid="1346415" data-time="1478711620"><p>

I have a KLR and love the old pig but you are talking night & day here. The only thing that they have in common is that they are both big and heavy for a trail bike.<br />

With that being said, I can see me buying one in 2018.<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Canadian FJR</p></blockquote>

They're night and day, but you mention only the similarities that they're both big and heavy. 😜

How wil the Yammy be better? I'm not saying it won't be better, I hope it is. But if they're the same weight, I need more convincing. 1 jug usually works better on the trail than 2, or has that changed? 1 jug is usually lower maintenance, right?

I've been thing about getting a dual purpose bike, and the KLR was high on my list until I found out it weighs as much (I think, within 20 pounds?) as my gen 2 FZ1. I want lightness on the trail.

My $0.02

Good concept. Weight needs to be in the low 400 lb range (or lower) to be great. If it weighs close to 500 you'd be better off with a bigger engine with more grunt.

vs. KLR, yeah singles are better off road, but get old in a hurry on-road. For a lightweight ADV type dual sport tourer that you want to do longer stretches on pavement you'd want a twin (or triple!). I'm still waiting for a re-tuned FZ09 triple ADV type bike to replace the ManStrom. Not that I could afford it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for a re-tuned FZ09 triple ADV type bike to replace the ManStrom. Not that I could afford it right now.
Don't your kids call you now that they are grown and ask you if you need cash? Does that day ever get here :)

I heard the big thumpers have gone the way of the dinosaur.

tyrannosaurus_t_rex_dinosaur_riding_motorcycle_card-r7215aacf14e9471593d800c21d56b6be_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpg

Is it me or does it look like they have 3 different versions they are riding? You have to keep pausing to see them.

Dave