Yosemite Group Ride 9/10,11/05

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
Here are some of our shots (all the good ones)

First, our highly talented leadership. It's true what they say about their riding prowess. It was a great and educational experience being lucky enough to follow in their track. And I do mean "track". If they could find an equal pair to ride with, they could almost ride two abreast through the twisties. Thanks guys, for the demonstration, organization and fellowship on this ride. Can't wait to do it again:

Untitled-5.jpg

Here we are headed into the park. There was a mixup at the gate and the 'order' got scrambled, but my position behind the Highlanders was a result so all was good:

Untitled-12.jpg

In the tunnel. Those bag reflectors really work good. Oh, and so do Magnum Blasters :D

Untitled-13.jpg

Inside the famous Ahwahnee Hotel. Pictures don't do it justice:

Untitled-17.jpg

Not sure why one would need a walk-in fireplace, but here's Brenda warming it up:

Untitled-19.jpg

Here's Zach & Donna, chillin' outside the Ahwahnee:

Untitled-20.jpg

And us doin' the same:

Untitled-21.jpg

Here's the other Bob and his SO (forgot her name) on the other side of the park. We were trying to get a picture of the high gas prices at Lee Vining and they just sort of jumped into the shot. ;)

Untitled-22.jpg

Joseph makes his highly anticipated arrival on the 'other side' of his near-miss/direct-hit with the Harley and a shot of the damage/first aid to his bike:

Untitled-23.jpg

Untitled-24.jpg

To be continued...

If you have not yet had a meal at the "Whoa Nellie Deli" co-located with that Mobil station, I highly recommend it. What a pleasant surprise!

What a relief that all are safe after that close call. Moving to the right short of the fog line was a great move. And, I agree, if stopped, no mobility.:bigeyes:

Leonard

If you have not yet had a meal at the "Whoa Nellie Deli" co-located with that Mobil station, I highly recommend it.
Well, let's just say that we didn't stop there for the gas. ;)

For anybody interested in the Guardian helmet lock brackets you saw on the sides of my bike, I found the guy from searching cheeseyboard and brought him in. The post he put up is at this location.