FZ1 Mirrors for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure they are OEM replacements. The after market ones are cheap and are not the same from what has been posted.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set that I may be selling. I need to get my mirror extenders from SW MOTECH and I will put them up for sale. They were great on my 04.

I have a set that I may be selling. I need to get my mirror extenders from SW MOTECH and I will put them up for sale. They were great on my 04.
Better wait to see how much you (don't) like those mirror extenders. They do not provide anything close to the same view the FZ1 mirrors do. I suspect that you won't be very happy with the spacers after being spoiled by FZ1's

Better wait to see how much you (don't) like those mirror extenders. They do not provide anything close to the same view the FZ1 mirrors do. I suspect that you won't be very happy with the spacers after being spoiled by FZ1's
What Fred said! I have FZ1 mirrors on my '07. Then, I helped a guy install the spacers on his '08. There was no comparison. The spacers suck. Move those FZ1 mirrors to your new bike, and be done with it.

Greetings, I just installed mirror extensions just after I installed a welded front stay that broke after a minor drop, so all is well with my black '14 ES. A few comments about the SW MOTECH mirror extensions:

• they do improve rear vision a bit better than stock but not as much as I expected;
  • given the price the design should work better;
  • if I could find metric nylon bolts the same size as the SW Motech extension bolts I would try that in order to fend off another front stay break (not sure if this would work but it might be worth a try).
Mike

'14 ES

'04 Duc st3

'75 Water Buffalo

I've also got the SWM mirror extensions on my '05.... they do improve the view a bit but I'd estimate the mirrors are moved out less than an inch on each side. They fit good and are well made, but are expensive at around $80 (?) if I recall correctly. I'll keep them for now but I think the FZ1 mirrors are the better choice.

Regards,

Mr. BR

Put the stockers up for sale 

to recoup your cost for the

new mirrors. You won’t be

going back. 
This is basically a remove and replace job.  Like SLK50 I sold my stockers.  With the FZ1 mirrors no more chicken wing or elbows in the mirrors.

Think y'all have finally convinced me,I'm ordering the FZ1s today.
The Gen III has a recessed seat where the mirrors sit. In order to fill that recess you will need to place a shim. I used 1/8" rubber material cut to fit the recess. If you would like enough of the material to fill that void send me your address and I will mail you the material.