Snatch Gone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuswaper

Reaction score
:clapping: As some of you may remember, I had the ECU replaced late last fall for the altitude syndrome. Well, I never really got a chance to ride it cuz the snows were flying. The other day however, saw the inaugural spring ride. I haven`t had a chance to go up a mountain yet but, I am pleased to report a value added benefit to the ECU swap. My `07s off idle throttle response is like it was a different machine. I cannot believe the difference! What was easily perceived as a lurch, resulting from an abrubt off/on response (as well as the oft mistaken view of wicked driveline lash), is now smooth as silk throttle. I certainly didn`t change my style...has to be the new ECU. Any of you guys still with the old ECU might want to consider this. :yahoo:

I agree! I changed it out in November and did alot of riding since, about 4000 miles, and it was like night and day. I see no need for the G2 like most are going to. I did lose alittle gas milage, but I think thats because I can ride it alot harder then before the ECU swap. Just Do It! :yahoo:

:clapping: As some of you may remember, I had the ECU replaced late last fall for the altitude syndrome. Well, I never really got a chance to ride it cuz the snows were flying. The other day however, saw the inaugural spring ride. I haven`t had a chance to go up a mountain yet but, I am pleased to report a value added benefit to the ECU swap. My `07s off idle throttle response is like it was a different machine. I cannot believe the difference! What was easily perceived as a lurch, resulting from an abrubt off/on response (as well as the oft mistaken view of wicked driveline lash), is now smooth as silk throttle. I certainly didn`t change my style...has to be the new ECU. Any of you guys still with the old ECU might want to consider this. :yahoo:
i called shipps yamaha (fairfield/cincinnati) and they've ordered the unit, just a matter of them letting me know it's in for me to bring the bike in.

dean

cincinnati

Thanks guys for the report. As son as I get over the flu and weather gets better I am going to see my dealer. He had the new unit in stock for me for a few weeks already.

I don't like the idea of having anyone working on my bike, has anyone been able to go swap the old ecu with the dealer and install the new one for themselves. I don't trust any tech to work on it, and I have my starcom, the blue sea fuseblock, and my stebel nautilus air motor all under the seats, I don't want them near any of those. So anyone been able to swap the ecu for themselves?

Sorry to hear your snatch has gone. :)
:lol: This board just isn't on its game..! WTF??? It wasn't until the 6th response that FJamR chimes in with the smart-assed response that the title of this thread fully deserved!

And shuswaper, I'm actually glad to hear your snatch is gone! That just means more snatch for the rest of us!! :p

I don't like the idea of having anyone working on my bike, has anyone been able to go swap the old ecu with the dealer and install the new one for themselves. I don't trust any tech to work on it, and I have my starcom, the blue sea fuseblock, and my stebel nautilus air motor all under the seats, I don't want them near any of those. So anyone been able to swap the ecu for themselves?
Yup, and they gave me the wrong ECU... getting a replacement. New parts guy so far isn't as good as the old one.

Has anyone been able to go swap the old ecu with the dealer and install the new one for themselves?
Yes, and I did get the right one. Best approach is to walk with the ECU in your hands, like I did, and just get the new one in exchange. Most dealers won't hesitate, since it's not a recall. Plus it's a very simple procedure, but one that can easily go wrong with the wrong tech (why risk it?). Good luck.

I haven't tried my bike at altitude since the ECU swap last November either, but hope to break that very soon in an overnighter to hwy 191 in AZ.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear your snatch has gone. :)
:lol: This board just isn't on its game..! WTF??? It wasn't until the 6th response that FJamR chimes in with the smart-assed response that the title of this thread fully deserved!

And shuswaper, I'm actually glad to hear your snatch is gone! That just means more snatch for the rest of us!! :p
:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Latest posts