in the company of fast women

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent write up and sounds like you had a really good time.

To touch on something....

Over the 6 sessions I gained confidence and really started to get a feel for both the track and for my bike.
I did about 100 track miles and learned more in those miles than in the last 10,000 on the street.
When asked if a trackday will help a street rider or when someone says "Yea, but I don't want to race" these are the reasons I point them towards trackdays. Heck, I like to try to get in a trackday on any new bike I acquire as it's a great way to feel out the bike and get confident in it. Glad you were able to achieve these goals on your day out.
biggrin.png
I'll second those comments and add, the fun part is to keep doing them. The next thing the school will be really helpful is to working on braking techniques. You will be surprised how much shorter the braking zone can be. It doesn't mean you have to use it, but it will be very helpful in a street setting where you need to apply maximum braking under control someday.

Best part you don't have to worry about enforcement and get to explore the sportier side of motorcycling.

I AM SO ANNOYED WITH THIS STUPID FORUM SOFTWARE. I JUST SPENT HALF AN HOUR BRINGING IN PICTURES FROM PHOTOBUCKET, THEY PREVIEWED FINE BUT I GOT THAT RIDICULOUS "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THAT EXTENSION" ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I TRIED TO POST THE REPLY.

THIS IS UTTERLY WRONG AND I AM NOT GOING TO EVEN TRY TO POST ANY MORE PICTURES EVER

ITS NOT EVEN CONSISTENT - SOME TIMES IT WORKS, SOME TIMES IT DOES NOT. THIS TIME IT WORKED FINE IN PREVIEW AND THEN WOULD NOT POST.

IF YOU GUYS WERE NOT SO MUCH FUN TO HANG OUT WITH I WOULD TOTALLY BAIL AND GO JOIN A DIFFERENT BULLETIN BOARD

WHY DOES THE BEST MOTORCYCLE GET THE WORST SOFTWARE - SLOW, BUGGY, IMPOSSIBLE TO BE PRODUCTIVE WITH, ... AND SLOW !!!!

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH !!!!

As promised, a few photos (still waiting for the "action shots" from Ducati, these are just background)

We met up the evening before at a local hotel, to be ready for the early start. Corey and I (the two blondes) both have Interceptors.

Waiting to go onto the track for one of our sessions:

Parked up between sessions: Mine is the black interceptor in the foreground. The bikes have lights taped up partly to eliminate distractions, and partly to avoid having glass/plastic all over the track if a wreck happens.

Paying attention in school

One of the few bits of the track visible from the pit lane - the descent from the top of the ridge - those twisties look much worse from the drivers seat ...

Loading the bikes back on the truck at the end of the day

Here is the Dyno print-out I mentioned in the Ride Report. Note the "blip" in the power and torque curves around 6,400 rpm. The sensation is that the bike is accelerating smoothly, then you get nothing for a heart beat, then all of a sudden the power is back, but now 10 hp higher. Can't wait for Nels to have it fixed and see what the "after" dyno chart looks like.

The lower line on the Dyno (solid blue line consistently above the dashed red line) indicates that the bike is under fueled and running lean the whole way up the revs. We'll see what happens to power and torque when the fueling is corrected. Hopefully gain a little ...

More when Ducati's photog gets his pictures posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the effort, I reported your problem but it appears that the only long term reliable solution is new software.

Actually he reported your post. But that's fine. This is the latest release of the software IIRC.

As mentioned here: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/151446-slow-loading-of-posts/page-5

Some additional info to help us trouble shoot what's going on (others don't have this problem) goes a lot farther than popping a cork in frustration.

date/time

ISP name

Type/Speed of connection (DSL 3Mb/S down, etc)

Workstation OS

Browser (including version)

Other applications running at the same time (including antivirus, software firewall, etc.)

Example of what happened (I attempted to write a message in [name of forum area and thread] and it took X seconds to save)

I think we got the gist of what happened (a jpg was attempted but it flagged it as not supported). The other (missing) info could help others help you. I don't think the speed info is applicable though.

Actually he reported your post. But that's fine. This is the latest release of the software IIRC.
As mentioned here: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/151446-slow-loading-of-posts/page-5

Some additional info to help us trouble shoot what's going on (others don't have this problem) goes a lot farther than popping a cork in frustration.

date/time

ISP name

Workstation OS

Other applications running at the same time (including antivirus, software firewall, etc.)

Example of what happened (I attempted to write a message in [name of forum area and thread] and it took X seconds to save)

I think we got the gist of what happened (a jpg was attempted but it flagged it as not supported). The other (missing) info could help others help you. I don't think the speed info is applicable though.
Hells Bells Bounce, Riona has already posted a couple of dozen photos so its pretty obvious that she knows how to do it and its a extremely high probability that she did it exactly the same way that worked in the past, with the same computer, OS, ISP, and every other variable you mentioned. Do we need to take a collection to buy software that works every time?

Hells Bells Bounce, Riona has already posted a couple of dozen photos so its pretty obvious that she knows how to do it and its a extremely high probability that she did it exactly the same way that worked in the past, with the same computer, OS, ISP, and every other variable you mentioned. Do we need to take a collection to buy software that works every time?
As I keep saying, provide an expert in MySQL and IPB. To date a few ideas in one or the other, but not both. New software won't fix the issue because we're running the latest. Different software won't fix it because transferring to it is not easy. It's NOT MONEY! It's not a variety of other things either. Find me an expert in MySQL AND IPB.

Sheesh.....

I understand your frustrations Riona. There is a reason I don't post photo trip reports on the forum anymore, and just point people to my blog instead. I used to post the trip reports with photos in their entirety here on FJRForum before, but no more..

In the editor on the top left, click this button -> to turn off the board software, then paste in your information from your clipboard that photobucket puts there when you click the IMG section to the right of your image. It should work fine rather than trying to use all the wonky picture buttons.

Oh yea, and for what it's worth, the picture I posted of the little button, is hosted on photobucket and I dropped it in here in exactly that manner.
biggrin.png

In the editor on the top left, click this button -> to turn off the board software, then paste in your information from your clipboard that photobucket puts there when you click the IMG section to the right of your image. It should work fine rather than trying to use all the wonky picture buttons.
Oh yea, and for what it's worth, the picture I posted of the little button, is hosted on photobucket and I dropped it in here in exactly that manner.
biggrin.png
This in fact is the easiest way to edit posts and insert photos in posts in the present board set up.

Know it.

Love it.

date/time

ISP name

Workstation OS

Popping my cork with frustration is a good description of where I was last night

Wednesday June 12, 7 to 8 pm West Coast

Comcast Xfinity (cable provider) - their highest internet access speed something like 20 Mbs up and 30Mbs down over a cable modem

Windows 7 Professional SP1

Quad core i7 at 2.7Ghz with 12Gb RAM

Chrome Version 27.0.1453.110 m (the latest, I'm on auto-update)

Other aps - Outlook and a few other browser windows

I'm 100% sure none of the above are the problem, because as I pointed out, the pictures were rendered perfectly in the preview window. ("preview this post") and I only got the error message when I hit the "post" button.

I was doing exactly the same as I have done every other time I've posted pictures to this forum (some of which have worked and some of which have not - it seems potluck if they post or not).

I've had the same thing happen when using the preview button., to the point that I don't use it. Just post them then go back and edit if I have to.

trying Gixxer's suggested method:

nope "an error occurred"

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community

This time in a blue pop up window rather than in a red error bar, but same beans in a different can

Exactly why I gave up trying to do pictures a looooong time ago. The frustration isn't worth it. I'm sure a good portion of it is me but I'm stuck with that.

As I keep saying, provide an expert in MySQL and IPB. To date a few ideas in one or the other, but not both. New software won't fix the issue because we're running the latest. Different software won't fix it because transferring to it is not easy. It's NOT MONEY! It's not a variety of other things either. Find me an expert in MySQL AND IPB.

Sheesh.....
I would like to again express my appreciation for all the efforts the Admins make to maintain this most enjoyable and worthwhile Forum and wish I could make a intelligent and helpful suggestion to resolve the many problems so many are having with the latest software but that would first require that I had a clue of what you are dealing with and talking about. I can only speak from a layman's users point of view that this software is the most difficult to use that I have encountered in the 10-12 different forums I have been on in the last 7 years. Its my understanding that the software changes have been driven by security issues but when security over rides a user's ability to use the forum then you have a situation where the tail seems to be wagging the dog. Its great to have a history of every thread that has ever been posted but again, that feature is at least partially offset by this software. I have tried to use the search feature on several occasions and found it is very difficult to find anything.

Maybe its time to think outside the box and put less emphasis on security and more emphasis on backing up the system so that it can be easily restored in the event the Forum is hacked. One Forum I used to be on closed threads after a short period of inactivity and created a read only history file that was continually updated and backed up. That didn't protect against the loss of very recent data but the software was very user friendly and I thought was a good tradeoff.

interesting, your image is a jpeg extension, not a typical jpg. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Here's your image saved with a jpg extension and then uploaded to my photobucket account.

I shot Ignacio a note with this info to see if it's possible to allow jpeg extensions, but that may or may not be possible.

so it's simply the difference between a JPEG and JPG extension? Simple fix with a file name change.

I'm not being glib. I'm pointing out that until such time as someone with MySQL and IPB experience steps up, the resolutions appear to be completely within the control of the end user.

On the keyboard, press the key combination: WinKey + R

In the Run Dialog box that magically appears, type: cmd

Press the Enter key on the keyboard.

Type: dir

Press: Enter

You will see a directory listing. Navigate to the directory where your .jpeg files are located (using the CD -- Change Directory -- command). If you don't know how to use the CD command, type: CD /? and press the Enter key.

When you have navigated to the directory with the .jpeg files. Just type: rename *.jpeg *.jpg

Then press the Enter key on the keyboard. Voilà! Your file-names are all converted from jpeg to jpg. You're done.

Type: exit
Press: Enter

Latest posts