So, who's riding out with who?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
So, Sharon & I are planning to leave Hampton Roads around noonish on Wednesday the 21st. We are planning to ride to Meadows Of Dan, VA, stay there for the night & finish our ride into Corbin on Thursday after some serious twisty riding on the way in. We are going straight out 58 & planning to cut a little north after Damascus & hit 160 from Appalachia, VA to Lynch, KY. I don't know if there is anyone nearby on Wednesday or Thursday that is attending EOM... but if you'd like to hook up with us for the ride into Corbin, you are invited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heidi,

How about you re-name this as the "flight path registration" thread we usually run.

Here's my tentative travel plans:

Tuesday, 20 Sept 11: Departing Michigan early AM, LZ is Lewisburg, WV. Slab to Zanesville, OH, then two laners to WV, Slab again to Charleston, WV, then WV60 into Lewisburg. checking in with Spklbuk & Doe, along with WheatonFJR and Griff. ETA is 1730 (5:30pm).

Wednesday, 21 Sept 11: Lewisburg to CFSP via "the road less traveled"; highlights are WV16 / VA16 from Beckly, WV through Tazewell to I-81, then Northwest to CFSP, ETA is 1900 (7pm)

A couple key points; have a travel buddy; someone you plan to check in with (if solo) or ride with. Set check in times with that partner and stick to them. There will be enough of us traveling that week that if someone runs into trouble on the road, one of us should be within reach to assist.

Wayne

I'm jealous! You get to see Jim & Creta. Really disappointed that they aren't going to join us. Jim is within easy striking distance of Corbin.

& actually, this thread wasn't intended as a "flight plan" thing.... but guess that it is. There is no list of the states that folks are flying in from. I intended as using it as a "rider hookup place"... but your idea works really, really well. Nobody appears to be interested, anyhow. Well, doesn't hurt my feelings. I have my ride partner.

I will see you next Thursday. Have fun in WV.

Duane(OHFJR) & I will be meeting "chivvalry"(name?) in Caldwell,Oh Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. and taking back roads to Lexington Ky and down to CFSP

There's a bunch of us from middle to eastern NC taking multiple paths to EOM. Some of us are leaving on Monday, arriving Tuesday. Others are leaving at various times Tue-Thu. It's a scattered force at best.

We have one firm plan to rendesvouz in Asheville on Tuesday morning around 10:00. PM if you wanna join there and then.

Leaving middle GA, Thursday morning no route planned yet. Maybe slab it to Knoxville and then back roads from there. Can alter my plans if anyone wants company.

Sooze and I are going to leave CowTown early Friday afternoon and slab it down to CFSP to be there in time for the Friday Night Social.

Sometime between now and then I'll get a Spotwalla page setup and a link posted.

Griff and I are doing SE Ohio on Sat/Sun,

Mon-Wed meandering through WV,

Thursday, heading over to Cumberland Falls after stopping at Breaks Interstate Park as a scouting stop for a possible future camping event.

I'm heading out from the Catskills on Wednesday AM and plan 2 days each way but I have no route planned yet. I'll either head for Skyline Drive and the Blueridge or go West into PA and down through WV, maybe via 219.

Thingfish (Paul from NJ) was not planning to attend, but he enjoyed CFR and SW-FOG so much that he is reconsidering, so I may be riding with him.

MEM is coming down here from Ca-na-da on Sunday. We're going to do a few things to the bikes on Monday (tires, farkles, oil changes), smoke some cheap cigars and drink some homebrew, and then head out Tuesday AM for three days of back road bliss to arrive at EOM on Thursday. We're planning on diverting far enough west to get a little taste of that SE Ohio riding on the last leg.

That's all contingent on the weather looking good. If it looks crappy we'll just leave Weds AM for two days of highway droning <_< and then try to reverse the 3 days route on the way back up. Can't wait. It all starts for us in a week!! :yahoo:

Thingfish (Paul from NJ) was not planning to attend, but he enjoyed NERDS and SW-FOG so much that he is reconsidering, so I may be riding with him.
Really? :blink: I think that he must have enjoyed NERDS telepathically. :rolleyes:

Thingfish (Paul from NJ) was not planning to attend, but he enjoyed NERDS and SW-FOG so much that he is reconsidering, so I may be riding with him.
Really? :blink: I think that he must have enjoyed NERDS telepathically. :rolleyes:
Yeah, you are too quick for me. I corrected it before I saw this, but it was too late. :eek: Anyway, it was CFR, not NERDS. However, he would have enjoyed NERDS if he was there. ;) (How's that for a save?)

We're planning on diverting far enough west to get a little taste of that SE Ohio riding on the last leg.
Maybe we'll see yous in SE Ohio on Thursday
Could happen. We've copied (with permission, of course ;) ) a section of Wheatie's SE OH route from one location in Ohio to another one.

I can't be any more specific than that or I'd have to kill you, on orders of Mark. :p

Duane(OHFJR) & I will be meeting "chivvalry"(name?) in Caldwell,Oh Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. and taking back roads to Lexington Ky and down to CFSP
Yep, Leaving Cranberry Township, north of Pittsburgh, around 0530 to get to Caldwell at 0830. Thinking about 79 to 376/US-22 across into OH then 77 down to Caldwell. So some super slab down but 22 should be a nice ride.

Ken AKA Chivvalry

... I can't be any more specific than that or I'd have to kill you, on orders of Mark. :p
That's my motto too. Best to keep a low profile and avoid specifics. You don't want to give them an easy target. Now where's my aluminum foil hat!!!???

We're planning on diverting far enough west to get a little taste of that SE Ohio riding on the last leg.
Maybe we'll see yous in SE Ohio on Thursday
Could happen. We've copied (with permission, of course ;) ) a section of Wheatie's SE OH route from Fly to Redbush.

I can't be any more specific than that or I'd have to kill you, on orders of Mark. :p
I'll be doing that ride Sunday :yahoo: ...you picked one of the best sections from the Ramble route...have fun

Susan and I are slabbing it Wednesday morning from Fort Lauderdale to Chatanoga. Stay the night then take slab to the EOM route with Deals Gap, she needs a sticker for her new VFR, and Cherahola and follow that route on in to Corbin arriving Thursday afternoon.

This is how you make sure your route is clear of LEO activity; send "them" Jeff's google lattitude link...

That's my motto too. Best to keep a low profile and avoid specifics. You don't want to give them an easy target. Now where's my aluminum foil hat!!!???
Or someone could hide a SPOT device somewhere on Jeff's bike and send the 'walla link to "them". That'd keep everyone busy for a while... :p