So, who's riding out with who?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaveing Thursday morning from sister's home in Greeneville, TN, going ride the whole 120 mile in one day!

No, wait, that's the direct route on 25E, Boreing.

Think I'll use the back half of Jeff Ashe's Deals Gap route. the part without the interstate.

MEM is coming down here from Ca-na-da on Sunday. We're going to do a few things to the bikes on Monday (tires, farkles, oil changes), smoke some cheap cigars and drink some homebrew .....

Cheap cigars ? What up with that?!

The cheap ones make me drunk :p

See you SOON ! :rolleyes:

Cheap cigars ? What up with that?!

Oh, my deary dear, do I have a treat for you...

No, no, nothing like those dog rockets that I was handing out at NERDS on Friday night. And I do apologize profusely for those. I bought those from JRCigars on a whim, and based on some good online reviews (obviously from people with inferior taste). You might recall that I hid the remainder of that box away after the first time. Maybe they will be better. In about 2015. Onyx had been a good consistent brand in the past, but apparently they have suffered recently, and have become rather harsh and crass flavored.

But this past week I ventured to the local Cigar Emporium Extraordinaire, Two Guys Smoke Shop in nearby Salem, NH, one of, if not THE, biggest cigar shops in the country. I went there to buy a box of my preferred Padron 2000's for the trip to EOM, but the guy at the counter put me onto one of their house brand, "Dos Hombres" (get it?) , box-pressed Dominican bundles. He lit me up a complimentary out of their display case, and I want to tell you... these things rock. Very comparable to the Padron X000 line even though they are not Honduran. And yeah, that's right... just $2 a stick. I intend on smoking a whole bunch of these things unless/ until they change their pricing.

They were so inexpensive that I also scored a bundle of the Dos Hombres Dominican Robusto paretos with a Conn, wrapper that will be more suitable for those of a more, ummm... delicate palate. But being a lover of the habanos, I know that the box pressed robustos will be right up your alley, Missy.

So... tell me. Who else's mouth is watering right about now? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They were so inexpensive that I also scored a bundle of the Dos Hombres Dominican Robusto paretos with a Conn, wrapper that will be more suitable for those of a more, ummm... delicate palate. But being a lover of the habanos, I know that the box pressed robustos will be right up your alley, Missy.

So... tell me. Who else's mouth is watering right about now? :p
:lol:

I hope there's lots of M Mark or good rum. Or sumthin' :D

Oh wait, maybe THAT's what makes me..... :blink:

:lol:

There's a bunch of us from middle to eastern NC taking multiple paths to EOM. Some of us are leaving on Monday, arriving Tuesday. Others are leaving at various times Tue-Thu. It's a scattered force at best.

We have one firm plan to rendesvouz in Asheville on Tuesday morning around 10:00. PM if you wanna join there and then.
Jeff, anyone flying through the good part of 58 early Thursday? We should be heading through by 9ish or so.

We will be heading out on Tuesday and most likely taking a PA route through this time. I hope to make Morgantown West Virginia for the first stop. Next day I hope to hit some back roads on the way to Cumberland Gap. I have a rough route in mind but nothing carved in stone. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

We will head back out on Sunday for a two day trip home. No route as of yet. Maybe all slab.

Dave & Ann

Zooomm, herfjr, and myself are heading out Saturday. We'll be meeting up with Mr Bill, and S76 on Sunday in WV. Then the 5 of us will arrive at a campground in GA Monday night. We'll camp n ride GA Tuesday. Wednesday Zooomm, herfjr, myself will arrive at EOM. Mr Bill and S76 will be touring for another day or two and arrive at EOM Thursday or Friday, I don't remember.

Mr Bill and S76 will be touring for another day or two and arrive at EOM Thursday or Friday, I don't remember.
Leaving this Saturday and an ungodly hour that S76 picked. I tried to explain to him the difference between Nautical and Astronomical twilight and he is stuck on leaving at the Astronomical twilight because that sounds cooler. Saturday night staying in Shenandoah NP and then meeting up with the New Yorkers on Sunday in WV.

Camping a couple of days near Little Switzerland along the Blue Ridge Pakway after we leave Georgia.

S76 and I will be arriving Friday in time for the BBQ. The two New Englanders will leave Sunday for home via Hocking Hills area. Will be a grueling two day ride home along some Buckeye twisties.

I'm packed and ready to roll!

I'm bypassing the back roads from my home in Chapel Hill, NC to Mt Airy, NC (done them a zillion times) via the slab, I40/I85/US52, through Greensboro, Winston Salem. Then, 300 miles of technical roads except through Bristol from Mt Airy to Cumberland Falls. The route is intended to offer some challenges and one or two places are anybody's guess. I'm leaving early Thursday morning if anyone wants to hook up.

Hum.. sounds like a good bunch of us will be in SE Ohio on Thursday.

I'm travelling down with Moosehead and a couple of newbies and plan is for a little side excursion into the land of the rolling hills and blind corners on Thurs morning.

Oh, and my boss finally approved my time off. Guess I'm not quitting. Dammit.

Edit:

PS Heidi. If were not camping on the trip down and back (unsure), I'll pick up a case of Cdn goodness at the duty free on the way down.

Hum.. sounds like a good bunch of us will be in SE Ohio on Thursday.

I'm travelling down with Moosehead and a couple of newbies and plan is for a little side excursion into the land of the rolling hills and blind corners on Thurs morning.

Oh, and my boss finally approved my time off. Guess I'm not quitting. Dammit.

Edit:

PS Heidi. If were not camping on the trip down and back (unsure), I'll pick up a case of Cdn goodness at the duty free on the way down.
Guess I'll be avoiding SE Ohio.........................Bunch of Hooligans.

Prior family commitments. :(

Duane(OHFJR) & I will be meeting "chivvalry"(name?) in Caldwell,Oh Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. and taking back roads to Lexington Ky and down to CFSP
Gray Ray and I pln on meeting up with you guys on Wednesday about 6-7pm or so in Caldwell. Only limitation is I low sided on Sunday during a race and my Alpinestars GP race gloves split a seam causing my exposed rt hand 2nd finger to get a huge gash - looked like a crime scene as I exited the ambulance. :realmad: On top of that my new SaferMoto air vest did nto inflate properly causing a bad hip/back bruise. Here is what I think to these 2 fine producers of defective safety equipment :finger:

So I have 1 week to heal. Every 3 minutes I look at my hand and yell Heal! I have a good bottle of 800 mg ibprophen so hopefully will be good to go. I have really been looking forward to 5 days of riding :yahoo:

Since I can't get Thursday off, I'll be striking out early on Friday morning for a planned arrival that evening. Haven't sorted out a route yet, but Leedavis' route sounds interesting. In any case, should be a nice long day...