Cee Bailey seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LgFJR

Reaction score
Just had my seat re-done by Cee Baileys........and they really do a nice job. They are local here in SoCal in Montebello so I just drove the seat over and dealt with Danny directly. He got the pertinent info of weight and height etc and style of riding I do and told me it would be about 8-10 days for the overhaul. In a word, the seat looks like it should have from the factory to begin with, but a ton more comfortable. I finally took it for a 275 mile run last Sunday and it works fine. All the burning and pain is gone. With the old seat a 200 mile run would take a day to recover so I could do it again. With this seat you get off and walk around 5 minutes and you are good to go for another 200. They started out doing CHP seats so they know what all day comfort is about.......nobody drives more day in and day out than the CHP. They use your seat pan so if you're out of state you have to ship it over to them. I'm a happy camper. You can see pics of representative bikes at the website, and you have a choice of covering materials. I went with the stock marine grade vinyl, and it looks great.

Just had my seat re-done by Cee Baileys........and they really do a nice job. They are local here in SoCal in Montebello so I just drove the seat over and dealt with Danny directly. He got the pertinent info of weight and height etc and style of riding I do and told me it would be about 8-10 days for the overhaul. In a word, the seat looks like it should have from the factory to begin with, but a ton more comfortable. I finally took it for a 275 mile run last Sunday and it works fine. All the burning and pain is gone. With the old seat a 200 mile run would take a day to recover so I could do it again. With this seat you get off and walk around 5 minutes and you are good to go for another 200. They started out doing CHP seats so they know what all day comfort is about.......nobody drives more day in and day out than the CHP. They use your seat pan so if you're out of state you have to ship it over to them. I'm a happy camper. You can see pics of representative bikes at the website, and you have a choice of covering materials. I went with the stock marine grade vinyl, and it looks great.
Did they start from scratch or did they just reshape the foam that was already there?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25887258@N08/7069272227/

Did they start from scratch or did they just reshape the foam that was already there?
They started from scratch and re-did the seat.....it's a lot more than just the foam.......it now has a bucket shape just the way I wanted it.....also narrowed in the front.....they know what they're doing with these seats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, I've been planing on getting a Russel seat but I keep thinking of getting a Cee Bailey or Bill Mayer because both are local to me and I could ride in.

Looks good, I've been planing on getting a Russel seat but I keep thinking of getting a Cee Bailey or Bill Mayer because both are local to me and I could ride in.

It's really a night and day difference from stock.....I think its actually feeling better after using it for a week or so....great seat, and cheaper than the other guys for a custom. These guys have been doing aircraft seats and bike seats for years, I'm glad a buddy of mine brought them up.........

Has anyone had a Cee Bailey seat and a Bill Mayer (or any other custom seat) that you could compare to the Cee Bailey. For the money, the Cee Bailey sounds like it might be a good option.