• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Shoei Neotec - BN in the box - Never worn SOLD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blassoff

Its just the dog in me, baby
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought a new Neotec at the NYC IMS Show. The shell size says large (I checked). I've never worn it outside. It just isn't comfortable, which is fricking weird.

I've tried on different Neotec helmets, always size large and thought they were great. Finally buy one and I don't like it. I've had a multi-tec for like three years. Size large, it fits fine.

I don't know where the problem is (other than in my head). So it's for sale. Comes with all tags, pinlock, chinguard, instructions (yea, it really is brand new).

$500 plus actual shipping (should be less than 20 bucks).

WHITE, GOTTA BE SEEN BY CAGERS!!

Neotec_White.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you ever think that the guys at the show or the factory might have placed the wrong sized liner in the helmet. If you really like it you might try going to a good motorcycle shop and seeing if they have other sized liners that you could buy to try,

Did you ever think that the guys at the show or the factory might have placed the wrong sized liner in the helmet. If you really like it you might try going to a good motorcycle shop and seeing if they have other sized liners that you could buy to try,
Good thought, headliner isn't the problem, though the helmet liner might be. The cheekpads can be changed out for a smaller size, but the shell is the shell. I could try another one but honestly at this point I'd rather put some money back into the treasury.

The cheek pads on the Neotec was a little annoying. They were so thick and hard that I felt like my head was in a vise. Wasn't liking that at all. Then I noticed that you can open the cheek pad and pull the foam out. I shaved about have of the foam off and put it back in. Made all the difference in the world. It's the perfect helmet now. The airflow is just amazing! :))

The cheek pads on the Neotec was a little annoying. They were so thick and hard that I felt like my head was in a vise. Wasn't liking that at all. Then I noticed that you can open the cheek pad and pull the foam out. I shaved about have of the foam off and put it back in. Made all the difference in the world. It's the perfect helmet now. The airflow is just amazing! :))
You da man!!!! I've got a Neotec and the cheek pads are like vise grips. Think I'll try your idea. What did ya "shave" it with?

Gary

darksider #44

You da man!!!! I've got a Neotec and the cheek pads are like vise grips. Think I'll try your idea. What did ya "shave" it with?

Gary

darksider #44
You can use anything really. I used a long Christmas Turkey carving knife. It went through it like butter. Worked perfectly. :)
Edit: Another idea I tried was tracing the shape of the cheek pads into some softer commercial foam and installing them. That worked very well too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary

darksider #44
You can use anything really. I used a long Christmas Turkey carving knife. It went through it like butter. Worked perfectly. :)
Edit: Another idea I tried was tracing the shape of the cheek pads into some softer commercial foam and installing them. That worked very well too!
Try some memory foam of the same thickness, it's very soft and forgiving

Gary

darksider #44

Try some memory foam of the same thickness, it's very soft and forgiving
Mmmmmmm.... Memory foam.... Damn good idea! :)