EOM 2014 - Maggie Valley - 26-28 Sept 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
FJR1300 Eastern Owners Meet 2014

Title says it all. Based on the poll thread input, we're going back to the Maggie Valley Inn and Converence Center, Maggie Valley, NC for 2014. Mark your calendars!

This sets up an interesting adventure for some - NAFO in LaCrosse 19-21 Septmber, a week on the road working towards Maggie Valley and EOM the next weekend. How many sets of tires will I need to pull that off??

Ride Safe,

Wayne

Guest List as of 9-10-14

EOM2014Wordle9-10-14_zps4e0b6b9d.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully see you at NAFO and EOM! Looks like a great set of riding events coming up...just need this damned weather to improve!

There is some conversation brewing about travel between the two weekends. No expressway travel allowed. My intent is to arrive in Maggie Valley with set of completely toasted tires.

Hopefully see you at NAFO and EOM! Looks like a great set of riding events coming up...just need this damned weather to improve!

Send your wife to the Bahamas, do NAFO and EOM...

See you at NAFO

There is some conversation brewing about travel between the two weekends. No expressway travel allowed. My intent is to arrive in Maggie Valley with set of completely toasted tires.

Since I live between the two locations, I will come back home after NAFO, work a couple days and do it again at EOM! At least that is my plan!

This is a week made for you - South Florida > LaCrosse > San Diego > Madawaska > Maggie Valley > home...

Way to go Wayne !!!
Now to see if I can get there.
Actually Florida-Iowa-Wisconsin-Florida-North Carolina … I hope

I do not want to miss out on your planned event - you always come through with a great times!

And it will have been a year and a half since I've seen you… Unless …
rolleyes.gif

Tech day in April...

This is a week made for you - South Florida > LaCrosse > San Diego > Madawaska > Maggie Valley > home...

Way to go Wayne !!!
Now to see if I can get there.
Actually Florida-Iowa-Wisconsin-Florida-North Carolina … I hope

I do not want to miss out on your planned event - you always come through with a great times!

And it will have been a year and a half since I've seen you… Unless …
rolleyes.gif

I'm working real hard to hit NAFO and EOM this year. Having never been any where south of Indiana this should be a real kick.

I plan to visit family near kalamazoo Mi. for a couple days after LaCrosse. Perhaps the eastern folks would be kind enough to post up a few tasty routes from LaCrosse to Maggie Valley. I have clue on as to my routes yet.

I'm working real hard to hit NAFO and EOM this year. Having never been any where south of Indiana this should be a real kick.
I plan to visit family near kalamazoo Mi. for a couple days after LaCrosse. Perhaps the eastern folks would be kind enough to post up a few tasty routes from LaCrosse to Maggie Valley. I have clue on as to my routes yet.
If you don't mind a little backwoods fun, I can roll up an idea for you Mr Bugnatr...I might even be there to ride with you.

From K-Zoo, you'll probably want to make a b-line for SE Ohio, then WV, VA and into NC.

IN

Ride out Thurs (at the crack) and take the scenic/fun way down, motel it 2/3 of the way and hopefully make the social hr on Friday. Only planning on Sunday for the return so it looks like a lot of I-81; boring slab.

This seems to be my mirrored plans as well for NAFO the week before.

-KJ

From K-Zoo, you'll probably want to make a b-line for SE Ohio, then WV, VA and into NC.

I haven't made specific plans yet, but I'll likely be doing the same thing. Visit family in K'zoo after NAFO, then down to Athens, Ohio where I also have family to stay with, and on to Maggie Valley. There has to be at least one route from K'zoo to Athens that uses little or no Interstate.