EOM 2014 - Maggie Valley - 26-28 Sept 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From K-Zoo, you'll probably want to make a b-line for SE Ohio, then WV, VA and into NC.

I'm working real hard to hit NAFO and EOM this year. Having never been any where south of Indiana this should be a real kick.
I plan to visit family near kalamazoo Mi. for a couple days after LaCrosse. Perhaps the eastern folks would be kind enough to post up a few tasty routes from LaCrosse to Maggie Valley. I have clue on as to my routes yet.
I haven't made specific plans yet, but I'll likely be doing the same thing. Visit family in K'zoo after NAFO, then down to Athens, Ohio where I also have family to stay with, and on to Maggie Valley. There has to be at least one route from K'zoo to Athens that uses little or no Interstate.
That's only 350 miles...we can definitely make up a curvy route that adds a few miles...

I've got a pretty decent route between Toledo and Marietta that stays off the highway. From K-Zoo, you could probably find a decent way across.

From K-Zoo, you'll probably want to make a b-line for SE Ohio, then WV, VA and into NC.

I'm working real hard to hit NAFO and EOM this year. Having never been any where south of Indiana this should be a real kick.
I plan to visit family near kalamazoo Mi. for a couple days after LaCrosse. Perhaps the eastern folks would be kind enough to post up a few tasty routes from LaCrosse to Maggie Valley. I have clue on as to my routes yet.
I haven't made specific plans yet, but I'll likely be doing the same thing. Visit family in K'zoo after NAFO, then down to Athens, Ohio where I also have family to stay with, and on to Maggie Valley. There has to be at least one route from K'zoo to Athens that uses little or no Interstate.

Reservation made today,sounds like alot of fun, arriving friday. By the way, their website says booked for those dates. They apparently block out rooms for the EOM, but a phone call mentioning the EOM and reservation completed.

It's been a long time since riding in that area, looking forward to it!

Reservation made today,sounds like alot of fun, arriving friday. By the way, their website says booked for those dates. They apparently block out rooms for the EOM, but a phone call mentioning the EOM and reservation completed.It's been a long time since riding in that area, looking forward to it!
You should have a great time...lots of great roads down there.

First post in a while...

Sally just mentioned today that she has enough days saved so the school can do without her for a couple days in Sept, so we are going to schedule EOM!! Is there a website for signup or phone number for Maggie Valley inn and the secret code word to join the group?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a strong California contingent for this event. It would be great to see Doug and Richard at this. I'm in.

Did I miss instructions on reservations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Schedule still the same? Arrive Friday 26th, groups ride Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th, return home Monday 29th?
Good question! I thought we would be arrive Thursday the 25th ride Friday, Saturday and depart on Sunday the 28th. Must be a mistake in the Forum heading.

Wayne, has EOM been reduced to just Friday to Sunday now? I'm guessing not.

I'm checking in on Thursday the 25th. Friday check in and Sunday check out is waaaay too short. Last year I stayed an extra day and checked out on Monday. You'd be surprised at how many people did that. I'm thinking of doing the same thing this year. :)

I'm checking in on Thursday the 25th. Friday check in and Sunday check out is waaaay too short. Last year I stayed an extra day and checked out on Monday. You'd be surprised at how many people did that. I'm thinking of doing the same thing this year. :)
The other sandbox FJRiders says 25th - 28th. Make sure you arrive Thursday MartyA so you don't miss any of the fun.

Sally teaches high school, she can manage two days off at that time, so it matters not which two. I made the room res for Friday-Monday, but I will call and change that, if we are sure it is Friday-Saturday groups rides?