PHID's on FJR Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportourer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I know I am really late to the game with this since most people stopped using these a long time ago. Anyway, I picked up a new in box set of PHID's over the winter and I am trying to put them on my 07 FJR. It appears the lights were designed to mount in a hanging position with the mounts that come with the lights. So, they can not be mounted on the mirror mounts that I got from Garauld unless I make a custom mount to allow the light to be mounted on top of Garauld's mount. I know I have seen these lights on many FJR's over the years. How did you do it? Did everyone make their own mounts or was there a source for the mount I still need? I am no stranger to fabricating my own stuff since I made almost everything on my ST1100. I was just hoping it would be easier with this bike. And so far it has not been...

Alex Schmitt
Bethel, NY
IBA#364
STOC#4028
AMA#372280

Most used an FJR Goodies Top Gun bracket that is a bit more stout than the Garauld brackets. Then most also used a U bracket made by the late Bill McAvan. Most mounted the PHID above the bracket.

I have extras of both the Top Gun brackets and U brackets if you are interested.