Florida To Iowa (And Back)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Well the hair gets chopped tomorrow and this can only signal that my cycle trips will be here soon.

I need to find out how "Out of riding shape" I've gotten during the off season. I will be running up to Iowa tomorrow to a family event and hopefully returning back

in time for work Monday. The ride is just under 1500 miles, so I will expand it a bit for a BBG. The weather looks kind of sucky, but I want to give it a try. I needed to pull

into a rest stop on a 160 mile ride 2 weeks ago on a ride, so my expectations are not too high. Also my bike will not restart after the engine gets hot, so I will have to keep

it running all the time or be forced to bump start it.

Gonna pack now, tomorrow I will plan the ride.

Here is the SPOT: SpotWalla - Trip Viewer - Iowa Grad. Ride

Damn Tony, best of luck on your trip. 160? You are outta' shape, but this trip will get you back. Ride safely my friend!

Your timing is off...

I leave for Iowa next Thursday. then on to Chicago and back to work Tuesday.

Try not to leave all the PoPo between here and there pissed off at FJR's ;)

I have to give credit, where credit is due. You guys are some Super Bad Asses! I tip my hat to you. I'll leave for a cross country trip at 9AMish and check into a hotel by 6PMish for a nice dinner, some HBO and a good nights sleep. That to me is roughing it. Happy Trails! :)

Your timing is off...I leave for Iowa next Thursday. then on to Chicago and back to work Tuesday.

Try not to leave all the PoPo between here and there pissed off at FJR's
wink.png
Hee Hee… The Illinois LEOs and I are best friends … NOT !!!

But I will warn them, When I get pulled over I will just tell them "You think that was too fast? Wait until next Thursday when a cycle

with an oversized tank blows through your state"

I have to give credit, where credit is due. You guys are some Super Bad Asses! I tip my hat to you. I'll leave for a cross country trip at 9AMish and check into a hotel by 6PMish for a nice dinner, some HBO and a good nights sleep. That to me is roughing it. Happy Trails! :)
Vic, Those times are coming soon for me (Whether I want them to or not) My spine, twice fractured, keeps letting me know that time is running out.

BUTT…. You would not believe the ride I am planning on doing this summer!!!
punk.gif
punk.gif
punk.gif

A symbol for every 10k (?)
weirdsmiley.gif

Damn Tony, best of luck on your trip. 160? You are outta' shape, but this trip will get you back. Ride safely my friend!
Yep, coming back from Jims, I lasted a little over an hour before the pain got so bad that I had to pull over and rest.

Seems to be a relation to pain and fatigue which make the miles tough.

Daymn! Good luck with the ride. Is your '08 still not ready for riding?

Daymn! Good luck with the ride. Is your '08 still not ready for riding?
Blew the fork seal - awaiting spare time…

The '08 is still where we left it (Mims) during bike week, with lights now! Compliments to Jim!

Still fighting the need to sell the Dakar, I mean… do you keep a bike for riding you want to do IN 2 YEARS ?

Its twin just sold on Ebay for $5100 with NO upgrades…

Good luck Tony. I'll be prayin' for ya pal. Hope that back of yours doesn't give you too much trouble. And what's up with the no/start issue? I assume it's fine after ya let it cool off? How long does THAT take?

Just wonderin'

Gary

darksider #44

Thanks to Craig for coming to witness the end for me. I owe you some pie in September!

I am thinking, with the weather coming and my favorite rest stop in Illinois in route, that I will ride a Bunburner on the return ride home tomorrow.

This will give me time to actually shut the bike off and enjoy the ride a little more. It looks like really bad weather conditions on the return, so I would be crazy to try a BBG.

... Besides I have never done a Bunburner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

I was just up in that area 2 weeks ago for Moonshine. We had great weather. I made my SS1000 and my IBA certificate. Had a blast.

Ride safe and see you soon, I hope.