New 2014 FJR! Plus small review, and great pricing.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
Have owned a 2004, currently have a 2008, and now just added a 2014A model over the weekend (so the 2008 will be up for sale soon).

Live in Metro Detroit area. Made the mistake of looking on Cycletrader.com for used 2013 models. Found a 2014 at a crazy good price in Wisconsin. So Saturday wife dropped me off at the Ferry, crossed Lake Michigan, got in a taxi and went to the dealership right outside Milwaukee. Don and Roy's Powersports. Little plug for them, as they were top notch. "Mike in Sales" was great to work with over the phone, and was great in person. Another guy from North Dakota was there putting a new 2014A in his pickup to take home. Same reason. Price was too good to pass up. Anyway, signed some papers and did the 8 hour drive home. Non haggling price of $12,488 (includes dealer fees). I will have to pay tax, title, license when I go to the DMV (which today was over 2 hours long...I didn't wait).

Review:

1. I love the red.

2. The throttle is so smooth. Throttle pull is so light and easy. For me it made a world of difference on right arm numbness (where I have some pre-motorcycle issues anyway).

3. The cruise is awesome. I should have added an aftermarket cruise years ago.

4. The center stand appears to be shorter, and takes half the effort of previous generations. Tire changing will require a board under it to get the rear tire out I would guess.

5. I Like the digital speedometer, but some of the dash is a little busy. (do I "need" to have the words "gear" or "mode" there? I can figure out what "5" or "S" means). Personal preference.

6. This part I can't explain. The bike feels lighter. Feels the same pushing it around, but when turning into corners or moving it from side to side. New tires help I am sure. And maybe the lack of top box matters that much? Maybe I have new bike adrenalin going.

If anyone is interested, Don and Roy's has an ES model on the showroom floor. I think it is priced at $13,999 plus the $489 dealer fees. I have no affiliation with them, except am a happy customer.

Don.

Excellent! I still don't know how you got that good of a price! But am glad you did!

Yes, the Gen IIIs are awesome!

And you bastard! I wanted to be the first to have a Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III in the garage at the same time but you beat me to it! You need to post a photo of all three...........

The 2004 I no longer have. One of the members here is enjoying it now.

As for the price....it's worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the red beauty! That is a great price.

Regarding rear tire changes, no board is needed to remove the rear wheel. Just remember which side each of the two spacers go on when you re-install the wheel because it is different than what the DIY on fjrtech.

Wow, that is a fire sale price for a 2014A. I had to pay full MSRP and I checked with four different dealers in N. Cal. Unfortunately for those of us in CA we cannot register an out of state bike until it has 7500 miles on the odo. Also DMV checks to see if it is CA certified.

Good luck and safe riding on your Red Rocket!!

Thanks for the heads up - Don and Roys is right in town for me -

I'm not looking for red, but at least I can use them to haggle with the dealer in my town....

Can't wait to see what colors are coming for 2015....

I know somone just traded in a 2013 on jet ski's or somthing like that. Not sure what they are asking or if is still there. I bet that can be had at a fair price.

Wow, that is a great price for a 2014A.

Enjoy the new ride!!
smile.png