Features to Look for in your Next Pair of Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaosbandit

Reaction score
iVUWG1J.jpg

I really like my Revit Stellar gloves. Fit is nice and plenty of protection. I replaced my Held Agadir gloves with these. The Helds wore out in the finger pad area (maybe the Kangaroo is too thin?) along with a few seams coming apart. I had them less than 2 years.

I really like my Revit Stellar gloves. Fit is nice and plenty of protection. I replaced my Held Agadir gloves with these. The Helds wore out in the finger pad area (maybe the Kangaroo is too thin?) along with a few seams coming apart. I had them less than 2 years.
I hate to hear that about the Helds. I thought they made a really good product.

I think they are now made in China and quality has dropped.

iVUWG1J.jpg

Those do look like some really nice gloves.

I am currentlly using a pair of Held Evo Thrux gloves and I have really liked them. I did a review on those a while back too

https://www.spiritstrike.com/gear/2014/1/11/held-evo-thrux-gloves

I use these:
sidewinder_white-35.jpg

I want these:
ep-top-medium.jpg

The AGV's just aren't as comfortable as I'd hoped. I had an old pair of short cuff Velocity Gear gloves that I wore for 5 years and absolutely loved and I am going back soon.

You know what there very well may be a big market for would be Kevlar mesh summer weight gloves.

I have a few different pairs of mesh gloves now, but I always feel like I am giving up a lot of protection to get the comfort of the mesh.

Some "bullet proof" mesh might be just the ticket.

You know what there very well may be a big market for would be Kevlar mesh summer weight gloves. I have a few different pairs of mesh gloves now, but I always feel like I am giving up a lot of protection to get the comfort of the mesh.

I have been eyeballing the RevIt Dirt 2 gloves. Kind of a mix of mesh and leather.

I have the Racer High End gloves also. Only problem I have is the finger are about 3/8 in to short. Hope when they get wet that they may stretch a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what there very well may be a big market for would be Kevlar mesh summer weight gloves. I have a few different pairs of mesh gloves now, but I always feel like I am giving up a lot of protection to get the comfort of the mesh.

Fred, Motoport makes a kevlar race glove.

I have been eyeballing the RevIt Dirt 2 gloves. Kind of a mix of mesh and leather.
I just ordered these up yesterday. Can't wait to try them out next week when they get here.

I'm now a fan of try them on on the bike before you buy them. I picked up a set of RS Taichi mesh summer gloves, the ones with the leather perf on the outside and the fabric between the fingers. Hated them. Turns out, one of those seams was right where my glove pulled in on the clutch lever. It actually became painful in traffic.

I fixed that though. I thought about getting new gloves, but instead I sold the bike and bought an FJR with no clutch lever. I'm much happier with the gloves now.
biggrin.png

Looking for gloves... Racer High End gloves, how much? ( I saw $199 ) Motoport kevlar race glove in large - back ordered.

AGV gloves have holes in both at the finger seams < 2 yrs of limited use. Racer supply gloves NLA cost $50 and are kind of still wearable at 10 yrs.

I think the rain has taken it's toll on them.

I purchased a pair of Racer High Ends for $66 and absolutely love them. I have XXXL hands and these fit sooo nice. Imagine my excitement when I saw them on closeout at STG for $24.95 https://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Closeouts%3AGloves&searchpath=3993590&start=51&total=140

I got another pair of High Ends, they're all gone now, but I also purchased a couple pair of the Roxy. Best Summer gloves I've owned. Also got a pair of insulated and uninsulated waterproof Goretex plus a couple others. Yep, I went a little nuts but this is the first glove manufacturer that "gets" my meathooks, they fit and don't constrict.

There are still several styles available in the big sizes. Can't go wrong for 25 bucks.

I'm now a fan of try them on on the bike before you buy them. I picked up a set of RS Taichi mesh summer gloves, the ones with the leather perf on the outside and the fabric between the fingers. Hated them. Turns out, one of those seams was right where my glove pulled in on the clutch lever. It actually became painful in traffic.
I fixed that though. I thought about getting new gloves, but instead I sold the bike and bought an FJR with no clutch lever. I'm much happier with the gloves now.
biggrin.png
Well, that's a cheap fix!

biggrin.png
Well, that's a cheap fix!

not cheap, but a very good fix.
wink.png

I have the Racer High End gloves also. Only problem I have is the finger are about 3/8 in to short. Hope when they get wet that they may stretch a little.
Lee Parks showed me a trick to fix that. Grab the end of the finger and twist it, a lot. Do this a few times and it will lenghten the finger without having to wet the glove.