Features to Look for in your Next Pair of Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, why the heck are they pretty much all black? In these warm sunny days I have found wearing lighter colors (including in the mesh gloves I wear) to be a very positive factor to help keep me from cooking.

I've fallen several times over the years and never put my palms on the ground. I'm not sure why "slideable" palms shows up as a positive factor. Outside-of-the-hand protection/slideability would make more sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using the Lee Parks outseam-style DeerTour gloves.

Bought them at one of the bike shows and tried several pair on to find a pair that fit well (properly?).

Not so sure I buy could by gloves via mail-order to enure a proper fit from any manufacturer.

""I've fallen several times over the years and never put my palms on the ground. I'm not sure why "slideable" palms shows up as a positive factor. Outside-of-the-hand protection/slideability would make more sense to me.""

I haven't had this happen, but my nephew recently struck a deer with his bike, not wearing any gloves and one hand had road rash on the palm side, the other on the top side. Guess I'd like protection top & bottom if possible, but any is better than none.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using a pair of Held Rodney's. Fully perfed kangaroo leather and outseam stiching, no hard parts. Some SuperFabric, a wiper, medium cuff and only one velcro adjuster. Comes in black or tan.

I think these are my favorite gloves so far, in terms of airflow/comfort/protection/control tradeoff's.