OK...OK, so I've got some money saved up....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexford

Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm sure that there are many threads on this subject (WHAT DID YOU PAY FOR YOUR FJR??), but....... Just sold off my cruiser and am now looking at purchasing a FJR! #1. I want brand new, but might be interested in a GEN 2 as well as a GEN 3. #2. I live in North Texas but would be willing to drive to OK, AR or LA to purchase for the best price.. So, not counting tax title and license what should I expect to pay for a new FJR...OTD?

Left over 12...?

Left over 13...?

14A .....?

14ESA ......?

I am ready and standing by with Cash.

Thanks for all of your responses and please, no "so and so has a barely used one for sale in the classifieds". (This will be my last new bike...at that age where medical restraints are getting tougher on me.

Have a grand day gents,

Rexford

Wellllll??

Sorry, kinda excited... oh wait, I have to post first..

Dial-up? What kind of colony is "The Colony", anyway?
smile.png

Rex,

Look in the blue book to get your averages. Look in Craig's list for more info. Look into the classifieds here to get more info...

Good luck.

Prices are going to be all over the map.

Look for the bike you want, decide what YOU want to pay and make the move. Obviously the newer the model, the higher the price. Since you've indicated this will be the last one, IMHO, buy the newest model you find.

--G

What can I say? I have all my teeth and hookers love me.

I donno which FJR you should buy, but there's lots of good deals to be had, new or used.

Dial-up? What kind of colony is "The Colony", anyway?
smile.png
Yeah..... Dial-up. In fact, I don't even have cable or dish, I still use Rabbit ears. You'd really laugh if you could see my Nokia phone (The model that came out before the flip up). The Colony ( I guess that makes me a Colonite??) is located just north of Dallas.

Ok guys..... lets say it like this.... What would be a good price to start negotiating with at a dealership on a 2014 FJR ESA..?

Pay attention guys......he wants NEW. Said so in his first post!

Rexford, not sure what this FJR ESA is you speak of. Maybe the European model with the missing clutch lever? Oooops! Nope, just checked and the European clutchless is the AS. The ES is the electronic suspension.

Pay attention guys......he wants NEW. Said so in his first post!
Rexford, not sure what this FJR ESA is you speak of. Maybe the European model with the missing clutch lever? Oooops! Nope, just checked and the European clutchless is the AS. The ES is the electronic suspension.
And, in the UK, the ES is called the AE. Confused?

Ok, my mistake on the ESA....I meant ES. I will try to make this easier. For those of you who have purchased a new FJR (2014), in your experience, what would be a reasonable starting price to go into a dealership with for either an A or an ES. And should I pay shipping and set-up or not?? Just a general idea of where to start is all I need.

Rexford

When I am thinking about a new bike, I always start here, Troy City Garage, to get some idea of what they are actually selling for. This particular dealer does not have much of a reputation for customer satisfaction, but they provide the prices, no haggling, on line so you can get a number to start with when negotiating at another dealer.

Of course price varies by where in the country you are, but some people are willing to travel to buy at a lower price.

Someone above posted a link to D&H cycle. They are in Alabama and seem to offer the best prices, but you have to go to Alabama to pick up the bike. For me, when I add in the cost of getting to Alabama it is less expensive to buy locally. If you buy new, and you decide that you want to buy the extended warranty, D&H has the best price for that, and you can buy it from them over the phone.

Last edited by a moderator: