J&M CB mount for the AE model?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve in Phx

Reaction score
I pulled a J&M CB unit (jm2003cb) off my previous bike. I was hoping to mount it on my 2007 AE model but due to the lack of a clutch perch, there aren't any mounting bolts on the left handgrip!

Has anyone else used a J&M unit on their AE and can comment on how they mounted it?

I pulled a J&M CB unit (jm2003cb) off my previous bike. I was hoping to mount it on my 2007 AE model but due to the lack of a clutch perch, there aren't any mounting bolts on the left handgrip!
Has anyone else used a J&M unit on their AE and can comment on how they mounted it?
There are a couple of screws you could use to mount a bracket, I mounted a heated vest controller using them.(Click on image for larger view)

More pictures around here

[edit]

You can find a description here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll PM BeamerReamer.

mcatrophy, do you think those back-facing bolt locations through (and outside of) the plastic housing are strong enough to hold one of these? Even if it bump it or lean on it?

I'll PM BeamerReamer.
mcatrophy, do you think those back-facing bolt locations through (and outside of) the plastic housing are strong enough to hold one of these? Even if it bump it or lean on it?
Simple answer: yes. They are threaded deeply in to the switch body.
Make sure the bolts you use are long enough to go well into the threads, then the chances are, if knocked hard, your bracket will give way before the switch body. So long as you don't make the bracket too strong!