Stagecoach XVIII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the "maybe get the day off" list at work and I have my fingers crossed.

I would love to, but it would be so weather dependent. I would have to have a wide window of weather suitable for riding(no ice) in my home area. I do ride year round as long as the roads are dry. Temperature doesn't matter.

I'm off that day, so I can't think of a better way to spend it. Will be watching weather reports and seeing who else from here can go.

It has been an extremely bad December for me. Many work hours, loss of a family member and now I had to say goodbye to my second (And last) beloved dog "Rusty".

I had made up my mind to do the IBR in June, but now all things will be reconsidered. Hopefully the road will give me some answers…

As I am picking up some farkles, my SPOT: SpotWalla - Trip Viewer - Texas farkle ride/'14 Stagecoach

Sorry about your troubles. Weather looks miserable for the next few days, but may be clearing for the 30th.

Well my riding has been limited (With the exception of September) this year, but I hope to close it out on a high note.
The Last Ride of the Year

Hope to see many of you there!
Weather should be ideal: Mobile looks sunny with highs in the 60's!?!?! Love the Southland, y'all!

I'll be looking for you, 101stpathfinder and Chuck35. Me? Grey hair & mustache, glasses, those won't set me out from the crowd, but I'll be wearing an FJR FORUM long sleeve t-shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncle, you just described me also but without the glasses ( just for reading and perusing the forum mind you). Bike is prepped and I'm pulling out about 7 am. Hope to be eating at Stagecoach before 11.

Uncle, you just described me also but without the glasses ( just for reading and perusing the forum mind you). Bike is prepped and I'm pulling out about 7 am. Hope to be eating at Stagecoach before 11.
And if you had not been so stubborn you could be doing this ride on my brand new Laam Custom seat.

Do say hi to any FJR peeps you might meet for me, I will be still working 12 hour nights while you go riding around having fun. I wish I were doing this one but there is only so much time...

At least I got my '15 back and it is almost good as new. Rode it to work tonight.

I got back from my ride this morning around 6 am. Boots gave out and I had wet/cold feet the whole ride.
cold.gif
Thought I blew a head gasket on the way to Dallas. It turned out to be a

much easier fix. Special thanks to Jason for putting me up and helping to get the bike back on the road. My friend Jeff and his fiancé had the hot tub fired up for my arrival in Downsville, LA!

Bike sits at 213k. Boots in the trash, IBR back on review… One observation on the ride: Cold weather LD riding requires a strong determination without electrics.

Oh yah… I missed Stagecoach on the way home.
fool.gif

It was good to meet Uncle Hud at the lunch table. The FJR Forum shirt was a good tip off! We got back to Knoxville around 11:00 pm, but a couple of us needed another 50 miles to make the 1000, so we made another little round trip and finished it. Thanks to TN Charlie and a couple of others for chaperoning us newbies. https://www.dropbox.com/s/t54yq58ir6d3lab/Stagecoach%202014-12-30a.jpg?dl=0