Irish Nuns - Show 'Em Your Cross...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Irish Nuns

SHOW 'EM YOUR CROSS...

Two Irish nuns were sitting at a traffic light in their car in Dublin when a bunch of rowdy drunks pull up alongside of them.

"Hey, show us your tits, ye bloody penguins!" shouts one of the drunks.

The Mother Superior turns to Sister Margaret, "I don't think they know who we are. Show them your cross."

So Sister Mary Margaret rolls down her window and shouts, "Screw off ye little fookin' wankers, before I come over there and rip yer nuts off!"

Sister Mary Margaret looks back at the Mother Superior and asks, "Was that cross enough?!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be rude to point out a spelling and/or error in punctuation?
smile.png

Irish Nuns
SHOW 'EM YOUR CROSS...

Two Irish nuns were sitting at a traffic light in their car in Dublin when a bunch of rowdy drunks pull up alongside of them.

"Hey, show us your tits, ye bloody penguins!" shouts one of the drunks.

The Mother Superior turns to Sister Margaret, "I don't think they know who we are. Show them your cross."

So Sister Mary Margaret rolls down her window and shouts, "Screw off ye little fookin' wankers, before I come over there and rip yer nuts off!"

Sister Mary Margaret looks back at the Mother Superior and asks, "Was that cross enough?!"
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

smile.png
I think the "error in punctuation" is the whole point of the humour, and clearly illustrates why getting it right is highly desirable if the writer's meaning is to be understood by the reader. Verbally it shows why enunciation is equally important. IM(NS)HO, "you're" should be pronounced "ewer" not "yore". It does, after all, stand for "you are". (It's been a long time since I last went out on my bike, so I'm just a little crotchety.)

0_grammar_police.jpg

smile.png
I think the "error in punctuation" is the whole point of the humour, and clearly illustrates why getting it right is highly desirable if the writer's meaning is to be understood by the reader. Verbally it shows why enunciation is equally important. IM(NS)HO, "you're" should be pronounced "ewer" not "yore". It does, after all, stand for "you are". (It's been a long time since I last went out on my bike, so I'm just a little crotchety.)
Do I really have to say that I knew that and was only kidding? :)

smile.png
Do I really have to say that I knew that and was only kidding?
smile.png
Papa Chuy Viejo certainly knew that you were only kidding Old Guy, You and rushes from Dean Springs are our two smartest and sharpest Arkies on the FJR Forum! Well actually OG, I think that Russ and you are the only two Arkies here! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Go Razorbacks!

smile.png
Do I really have to say that I knew that and was only kidding?
smile.png
Papa Chuy Viejo certainly knew that you were only kidding Old Guy, You and rushes from Dean Springs are our two smartest and sharpest Arkies on the FJR Forum! Well actually OG, I think that Russ and you are the only two Arkies here! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Go Razorbacks!
Thanks. I feel much better now.
punk.gif