New Bike (for me)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

want2ride

Reaction score
I am thrilled to say I have a 2005 FJR1300 ABS model. My wife told me last night she purchased it for me. Stated it is not the new model you wanted but it will do until we can afford to get the "Red" one you have been drooling over. Needless to say I #$&% my pants in excitement. Now I just have to wait until next month when we take delivery of it. So for now I am looking at the farkles I want to get for it like a top case and sliders.

The road trip I have planned In March-April to SC and NC will be a lot more comfortable and fun on the FJR instead of my vulcan
bike.gif

Welcome - much congrats on your new toy! We've got a lot in common - own an '05, drool over the '14.

Also, you've got a real cool wife.

congrats....you will enjoy the 05...solid machine and is a mile muncher

Congrats! I own an '05 with 56K, following my '03 with 75K. These are great machines and if yours has been well cared for, you can expect maximum fun with reasonable comfort trouble-free. They even run on regular grade!

I rented an '12 FJR in Marietta last year, then spent seven days riding your awesome country. The FJR is big-boned for the most technical stuff but was a most worthy machine for two-up and loaded touring in the mountain twisties.

Plan a tour of the Northern Rockies for 2016.

Enjoy!

Wow. What a woman! I love mine, but she doesn't buy me bikes.

You will love your '05 ABS. It is one hell of a motor scooter. I put 90k miles on mine before I moved it on to my (adult) son and bought myself a new '14 ES. To be totally honest, although the '14 has a lot more gee whiz bells and whistles, and may be just a tad bit smoother and refined, that old '05 did the job about as well. It's only been 6 months and I already miss my Bass Bote Blue Beauty!

And BTW, by "doing the job" I mean tearing your retinas clean off the back of your eyeballs, while also gobbling up big miles in total comfort.

You will enjoy it without a doubt. And you have come to the best place to learn how to maximize your experience.

Welcome to the euphoria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new [to you] '05!

Check out the bin of facts for many typical questions you'll have...tons of information there for all things FJR.

Enjoy the new ride!

--G

I appreciate the compliments on the bike and my lovely wife. I would post a picture of her (wife) but then everyone would be here at my house. 2 years ago she bought me my welcome back to motorcycles bike (2009 Vulcan 500) which I have farkled out and now this one. I feel blessed all the way around in my life.

The info I have learned on this forum has been great. Joined it many months ago when I announced my desire for an FJR. One thing I love to do is research to death something before I commit to it. Looked at several bikes before deciding on the FJR: BMW, concours, ST1300, Triumph but no Harleys. My Father in law will drive the bike up fro Atlanta next month to surprise me with it. He thinks his daughter can keep a secret, lol. He has been riding for 50+ years on BMWs and metrics but he always wanted a Harley. Last year he finally bought one and promply returned it after riding for 2 weeks. Said the bike really disappointed him.