Honda Goldwing F6B

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg 03

Reaction score
I'm still out of action thanks to my crash on the work bike back in July. Not gonna rehash all that here but I am possibly going to be selling my '03 FJR because I just don't know if the riding position will work for me.
In the mean time I've been trolling local bike shops and the F6B Goldwing is making me drool. If they retire me my work comp check may get cashed to put towards a nice blue 2015 Honda. Anybody here ridden them? Have any insight?

I rode a friends F6B. My wife and I use an 08 Goldwing for 2 up touring. Is has Traxxion AK20 fork cartridges and a Penske shock. It handles very good for a heavy touring bike. I believe the F6B handles as good as the Traxxionized Wing plus it has that feeling of a lower center of gravity.

I decided to take my FJR to Traxxion because I didn't feel as comfortable on it as I did on the Wing on a twisty road. Yes I said that . I didn't say the FJR wasn't faster but I felt more in control on the Wing. So I think you will be very happy with a new F6B. It wont have the hard acceleration of the FJR but will be a great ride and a fun and reliable bike.

I thought I read that the F6B does not have cruise control. If true, it was an odd decision by Honda

Spent an afternoon test riding some bikes on a track last summer and the F6B was one of them.

I really enjoyed it. For a big bike I thought it accelerated quite well. Very comfortable and the side cases were designed well.

The only complaint I had about it was the seat when not under power. It's quite wide and felt like an annoyance when trying to walk the bike forwards or backwards. But other than that I really enjoyed the ride. I'd consider getting one except for the fact that my back has a hard time sitting on a cruiser for too long.

The only complaint I had about it was the seat when not under power. It's quite wide and felt like an annoyance when trying to walk the bike forwards or backwards.
For some reason I like the look and the concept of the F6B. When I first saw one in person at the dealer I thought the seat was so wide you could ride 2 up side by side.
uhoh.gif

I guess it is sized for the new American body shape.

I though about one for awhile back when I first started looking for a touring bike. Three things kind of led me to an FJR instead.

1. Lean angle (tired of rubbing the floor boards off a cruiser. No idea the lean angle on an F6B, but I would guess not as great as an FJR.)

2. ABS breaks (F6B is a BIG bike not to have ABS.)

3. Cruise

At least they fixed one.

Hoping to get out and about on my Vstrom Saturday, may hafta ride over to Honda and test ride an F6B while I'm out.

I've been thinking about an F6B since the first time I threw a leg over one at the inaugural MotoGP here in Austin. I'd probably have one, if not for:

• No room in the garage for two bikes.
  • Resale on my '07 FJR is abysmal, for what I have in it.
Oh, well.

I've been thinking about an F6B since the first time I threw a leg over one at the inaugural MotoGP here in Austin. I'd probably have one, if not for:
  • Resale on my '07 FJR is abysmal, for what I have in it.
Oh, well.
Don't resale. Have it bronzed.