Dead GXM 30 antenna (I think)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
My XM radio puck seems to be dead. It died yesterday on my Zumo 550 and I have tried it on my 2730 and it still seems dead. Since I think it might be the USB plug or the cord, I have noticed I can buy just the cover and cord (it looks like it plugs into the puck circuit board) on Ebay and this might fix the problem without buying a whole new puck. Anyone ever just replaced the cover with good results. Thanks for the input.

Hey Griff, yes, I have replaced the cover on my GXM 30. My cover cracked after one of my little off-road excursions, aka crashes. The parts are stupid expensive, but swapping the cover, and cord as I recall, isn't a big deal at all.

Same here. My cord broke inside and I bought one on e-bay and sucessfully fixed it. Saved buku bucks! Just be aware that most of them are coming from China, but mine worked.

Got the new (used) cover today and plugged it in. Woiks like a charm. Thanks for the tip guys.
punk.gif