rogdeb - Another Lost Soul - Bit by a Spyder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My riding brother Roger (and his lovely squeeze, Deb) have bought one of those three-wheeled contraptions, and I fear that things will never be the same.
I'd noticed him stopping to look at roadside flowers lately, and he'd been sending me cat videos.
But, ... I thought he just had the flu or something.
Now it all makes sense.

(I'm sure he's got some better photos of the sonofabitch, and maybe he'll share them shortly.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider this OM - you'll have plenty of experience by the time YOU get a Spyder.
bike.gif

Congrats to Rogdeb, looking forward to his coming out all the details!

--G

My riding brother Roger (and his lovely squeeze, Deb) have bought one of those three-wheeled contraptions, and I fear that things will never be the same.I'd noticed him stopping to look at roadside flowers lately, and he'd been sending me cat videos.

But, ... I thought he just had the flu or something.

Now it all makes sense.
PART_1444959550734_IMG_20151015_183401_zpssrnkncgu.jpg

(I'm sure he's got some better photos of the sonofabitch, and maybe he'll share them shortly.)

You're probably next considering your advanced age.

Buying a Spyder is one thing, selling the FJR is another. So, which is it? Do Roger and Deb have an FJR and a Spyder or only a Spyder?

Huge Congratulations to Rog and Deb, it is a beautiful trike! I'll be right behind you in the Spyder Formation at NAFO 2016, perhaps we form the "Scouser-Fenian-Sasquatch Spyder Club" oi! JSNS, Spyders Rule ese!

^^^^^^Had a Velorex 562 sidecar mounted on two H-D's, Sportster 1200 and Big Twin 88 for twelve years when my Son Seth was young, when he turned 14 he said no more sidecar and started riding behind me! Operating a sidecar outfit is like washing your feet with your socks on or kissing your sister, absolutely no fun at all and basically a royal pain in the ass to push down the road. I still own the Hack and its Hardware, I am going to make a long term loan of them to Don Carver here on the forum to install on "Uncle Dutch", his BMW R60/2: To make a Classic Beemer Package. The Velorex sidecar is a Czech knockoff of the Steib, which was the original BMW sidecar available out of the Munich factory,^^^^^

Thank you all for your thoughts during this difficult time in our life
Lkingsmiley.png

Nyaaah - jus kiddin ya. "Itsy Bitsy" is gonna work out just fine for us
punk.gif
. We want to keep riding and this is the way for us.

Selling the FJR though .. difficult, as we've made all our friends cause of this machine. But Red Sylvie gotta go.
cry.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezer -- last line above ^^^^

-------- Do Roger and Deb have an FJR and a Spyder or only a Spyder?
That's what I thought. I do get it, thought I am not looking forward to the day when I can no longer ride a two wheeler. Still, one thing about the FJR community is that we are not snobs about what you ride. I have seen a few of those Spyders up close and they do look like a lot of fun. Enjoy.

When ever I see one of those riding 2 up it looks like the pillion is holding on for dear life, I don't know anyone who rides one. But it doesn't look like the passenger is having much fun back there.

When ever I see one of those riding 2 up it looks like the pillion is holding on for dear life, I don't know anyone who rides one. But it doesn't look like the passenger is having much fun back there.
Depends on the model... the RTs are the big touring rigs and they are well set up for pillion comfort... B)

Depends on the model... the RTs are the big touring rigs and they are well set up for pillion comfort...
cool.png
My pillion says the RT is on par with the wing for comfort and will get better after a trip to Russell in the spring.

Considering EOM had western participants on 3 and 4 wheels this year, we'll take what we can get. It's great to see yinz guys from the west...even if you don't ride on two wheel FJRs anymore. One of these days, I'll make a point of coming out to WFO on two wheels to reintroduce the novel idea of riding a motorcycle...When is the next WFO? Um, when was the last one?

Funny Tom. Still have the FJR and the Last WFO was far enough back most here wouldn't remember and the next one probably won't be.

A Spyder rode past us the other day in Sacramento.

Kind of like taking a photo with a tablet.....No way to look cool while doing either activity.

Still, I get it. Congrats you two. I promise I'll only laugh to myself.

Mark