rogdeb - Another Lost Soul - Bit by a Spyder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^^Had a Velorex 562 sidecar mounted on two H-D's, Sportster 1200 and Big Twin 88 for twelve years when my Son Seth was young, when he turned 14 he said no more sidecar and started riding behind me! Operating a sidecar outfit is like washing your feet with your socks on or kissing your sister, absolutely no fun at all and basically a royal pain in the ass to push down the road. ^^^^^
Aw, cmon' Don. Doesn't the decision on kissing your sister depend on what she looks like?

Rog, you might consider letting OM get some alone time in a dark garage with your Spyder. He might warm up to the idea and rumor has it, he does his best work in the dark (with inanimate objects).

Congrats!. I think we'll all be there someday where the decision is going to be 3 wheels or 4. Clearly your 3 wheel choice would be mine as well. Good call, it's a beautiful looking machine!

Ride fun, ride safe, and forget all the 2 wheeler heckling.... those fellers are just in denial, and, probably the first on the Spyder list themselves!) ;)

Congrats!. I think we'll all be there someday where the decision is going to be 3 wheels or 4. Clearly your 3 wheel choice would be mine as well. Good call, it's a beautiful looking machine!
Ride fun, ride safe, and forget all the 2 wheeler heckling.... those fellers are just in denial, and, probably the first on the Spyder list themselves!)
wink.png
+1, Gunny; ignore the Philistines Rog/Deb, after February's surgery recovery I'll be on a CanAm Spyder. Love my BMW ragtop, but still not "knees in the breeze"! JSNS, F3 ese!

100214-2015-can-am-spyder-f3-Spyder_Cornering.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ride fun, ride safe, and forget all the 2 wheeler heckling.... those fellers are just in denial, and, probably the first on the Spyder list themselves!)
wink.png
+1, Gunny; ignore the Philistines Rog/Deb, after February's surgery recovery I'll be on a CanAm Spyder. Love my BMW ragtop, but still not "knees in the breeze"! JSNS, F3 ese!

100214-2015-can-am-spyder-f3-Spyder_Cornering.jpg
You know what Don?, this is about the smartest post I think I've ever seen you make! :)

Awesome choice, you'll be able to have that open feeling once again, smiles will be flying off your face guaranteed. And, that's what it's all about... my botha! (from anotha Mexi-Motha).

I read the entire article and was surprised to discover the survey was from Consumer Reports research.....apparently they modified the Motorcycle survey they did last year because they felt those results weren't realistic. So Can-Am isn't in LAST PLACE
roflblack.gif
........the Spyder was FIFTH out of all the Motorcycles in the survey ( I don't know how many ...yet ).....Mike
thumbup.gif

Brand...............Satisfaction

Victory..................80%
Harley-Davidson..72
Honda..................70
BMW....................68
Can-Am...............67
Ducati..................66
Yamaha...............65
Triumph...............63
Kawasaki.............59
Suzuki.................58

That survey measures "satisfaction", which derives from many aspects of ownership including -- I might suggest -- feelings of smugness that you are emulating the Sons of Anarchy.

My brother in law just bought a fully loaded top of the line model spyder. So I did some research once I new he purchased one. Resale is a Killa and be ready to bend over but like anything else they have there following. I dare not ride it with the wife on back. I may fall into the same trap and I am not ready for it yet.

Nice machine, Theirs is white.

Dave

Brand...............Satisfaction
Victory..................80%

Harley-Davidson..72

Honda..................70

BMW....................68

Can-Am...............67

Ducati..................66

Yamaha...............65

Triumph...............63

Kawasaki.............59

Suzuki.................58
I bet in the 70s that BMW number would have been higher.

Also, I think the FJR1300 numbers would be higher than the general Yammy numbers...except those that migrated from a Harley and think the footpegs need to be farther forward.

KTM 105%

JSNS :)
Yeah, unless the piece of shit kickstand takes a flying leap off the bike. I just got my new Trail Tech stand in tonight. A nice piece of kit that was on sale; $69 instead of $100.

Well, I also needed the stupid rubberband, so with shipping, $85. Then, come to find out, I need the OEM spring and OEM spring bracket. Patch says one of those is the part that failed, causing the first kickstand to be taken off in the first place. Oh, price of those with shipping, $16. So.now, I'm still at $100 for the dammed part.

My KTM kickstand satisfaction level is -15. Seriously, some German idiot should know how those things work! Haha...Let's see how long until I break this one. Lol...Faaaaaaaaack!

KTM 105%

JSNS
smile.png
Yeah, unless the piece of shit kickstand takes a flying leap off the bike. I just got my new Trail Tech stand in tonight. A nice piece of kit that was on sale; $69 instead of $100.

Well, I also needed the stupid rubberband, so with shipping, $85. Then, come to find out, I need the OEM spring and OEM spring bracket. Patch says one of those is the part that failed, causing the first kickstand to be taken off in the first place. Oh, price of those with shipping, $16. So.now, I'm still at $100 for the dammed part.

My KTM kickstand satisfaction level is -15. Seriously, some German idiot should know how those things work! Haha...Let's see how long until I break this one. Lol...Faaaaaaaaack!
It ain't the kick stand, you need to go on a diet. Just here to help.

KTM 105%

JSNS :)

It ain't the kick stand, you need to go on a diet. Just here to help.
Ummmmmmmm...I don't ride motorcycles with the kickstand down. They didn't teach you that in MSF? AND, I wasn't riding it when it broke. Patch had it at the time and the spring flew off and hit his buddy in the chest. Still, I do need to go on a diet, but not for kickstand purposes. Jackass!

Yep, not for kickstand...just to fit through that taco stand bathroom door!

Jackass!

Edit: nice bike btw!

y

Another perfectly good thread circles the drain.
uhoh.gif
It's going to be a long winter Ray, we need something to keep us out of the bars.
Speak for yourself Gringo, this Fenian is riding Phoenix MetroRail tomorrow for Guinness, Jameson and real Irish music at Seamus McCaffrey's Pub! JSNS, aye!