Header pipe wrap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Hi friends,after being at lots racing events & searching the web I came apon this pipe wrap stuff ( It can be fiberglass or a carbon fiber material ). I was wondering if any of you guys out there have used it for heat reduction-particulary around the cats? It would seem that this would help isolate the heat from the oil pan. If you have tried it-let us know how you made out . Thanks for your help. Sliick
smile.png

I've never used it for heat reduction, but I used it one time on a Honda SL125 vintage race bike I built for a friend to hide my ugly welds on the pipe.

It worked well and looked fast.

I think you should try it.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what the oil cooler's job is. It's the round thing with hoses going in and out. on the front of the engine behind the vertical header pipes. It is an oil to coolant heat exchanger, designed to shed any excess heat to the coolant. So the good news is that your FJR is not in danger of overheating the oil. :thumbsup:

I missed the oil temp reduction part. Must have been the whiskey. haha That makes sense if your goal is to lower oil temp.