HoleShot exhaust Headers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Friends, I was considering removing the stock header(gen 2) & removing the cats,like some others on this site. Then I remembered that "Holeshot" makes a tuned,polished stainless steel header & they provide a revised fuel map w/the purchase. I think that would be the way to go-instead of taking the cats out & not having a new map to help with the less restriction of flow.

Has anyone used the Holeshot header/ slip on set up & has it lived up to your expectations ? Thanks in advance. Sliick
rolleyes.gif

I have had them on my 05' for many years and they are the 'cats meow'. I'd estimate at least 1/2 HP increase and tons of torque! LOL! Seriously, they are nice and seem to reduce some of the heat down there from the original cats. They are high quality, easy to install and look good. One thing I did notice is they do not have a cross-over pipe between the 1/2 and 2/4 cylinder banks. It makes a slightly different exhaust note/tone but sounds fine with Stay Tune mufflers. Kinda of expensive but I like them!

I've installed the full Holeshot headers and pipes on the 3 FJRs I've owned, gen 1, 2, and 3.

My first was an 05 and the goal was to reduce the heat by eliminating the cats and it was a noticeable difference here in the CA valley where temps get up around 110 in the summer. The exhaust note is addicting, with a growl while accelerating that calms down to barely noticeable when cruising. I used Dale's provided map for the PC III and everything was smooth as butter.

My second install was on my 09 with a PC V. I converted the PC III map to work on the PC V by adding in the missing columns with averages from the numbers on either side. I sold it to another forum member who is just loving the Holeshots. He did have a custom map made from a dyno run and I think he got it smoothed out even more.

By the time I installed my 3rd set on my 14 ES, I think I was finally getting the hang of it, lol. I'm running Dale's super tuner, which is a much simpler setup, and enjoying very smooth power in all the ranges along with the same exhaust note I've come to love.

You can see pics of all 3 of my bikes on the Holeshot site. PM with any questions if you want.

. . . Dan

Thanks Guys, that's exactly the kind of info that I was looking for.All of your comments where very helpful in making my decision. Tried to get on the Holeshot & page was not able to be displayed. Any clue on if they are having web problems ? Thanks again Guys !

Dan, How was the fuel map from "Hole Shot " provided to you ? I have a PC 3 installed on my "06. I just plugged it in with the FJR map provided. I'm uncertain on how a new map is installed ( like one that would come from HoleShot ). Do they send a flash drive ?

Thanks, Sliick .