Yamaha Demo Rides, Aug. 26-27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Skagit Powersports, Burlington Wa., 1645 Walton Drive, phone 360 757 7999 also big sale event- call them for details I am not writing it all out. Bikes available for riding , Raider, Stryker, Bolt R-spec, Bolt.,XSR900, V-Star 1300 deluxe, V-Star 950 tourer, Super Tenere ES, R1S, R6, R3, FZ 07,FZ-09, FZ10, FJR1300ES & SCR950. Allegedly some stuff will be sold for best reasonable offer.

punk.gif

--G

Uhmmmm I wonder if I could demo a FJR1300 to Mt. Baker??????
Sure, you've got a black one you can ride there anytime!!
yes2.gif

--G
Yeah but I am alway up for riding somebody else's bike. For instance I'd love to borrow your Super Ten for a ride up to Hart's Pass. You can trust me --G I have been there are on Vstrom and the Super Ten is much better than a Strom.
bike.gif

Why Hart's Pass? Because it is the highest road in Washington State on can drive. Hell we ride to Oregon for a sandwich so why not ride for the sake of riding on the "highest" road?

Uhmmmm I wonder if I could demo a FJR1300 to Mt. Baker??????
Sure, you've got a black one you can ride there anytime!!
yes2.gif

--G
Yeah but I am alway up for riding somebody else's bike. For instance I'd love to borrow your Super Ten for a ride up to Hart's Pass. You can trust me --G I have been there are on Vstrom and the Super Ten is much better than a Strom.
bike.gif

Why Hart's Pass? Because it is the highest road in Washington State on can drive. Hell we ride to Oregon for a sandwich so why not ride for the sake of riding on the "highest" road?
Why stop there? Might as well ride up to Slate Peak, the base where you park is 7,200' Harts Pass is only 6,100. Walk up and see the view at the top.

Bump TTT
rolleyes.gif

Demo bikes are tomorrow and Saturday at Skagit...be there or be square!

--G
I was sure they make it Saturday-Sunday that would be impossible for me this week. I'm starting to feel a bit sick... I don't think I'll make it to work tomorrow morning...

See you there whoever's coming.

P.S. I've never been on demo rides. Shall I show up a bit earlier or 9:55 is just fine?

P.S. I've never been on demo rides. Shall I show up a bit earlier or 9:55 is just fine?
The Demo team will open up the truck and roll out the bikes, setup a registration area and start processing people in line. You should have at least a helmet with you, your riding gear if you want. They will find out what bikes you want to ride, look at your license and may ask how long you have been riding and have you sign a release form. The registration will go on all day as people roll in, there is often doughnuts or other snacks hanging around the truck. If this runs like other Demos, they will then start forming ride groups with people being paired with the bikes on their wish list.

The Demo people will go over the controls and displays with you before you pull out. A ride leader will take the newly formed flock on a predetermined route which should include a variety of roads and speeds, generally 15 - 20 minutes. I'm guessing it would be bad form to pass the ride leader
wink.png
While the riders are out, if you want to kill some time and have a good laugh, ask the guy doing the registrations to tell you about some of the things he has seen the Demo riders do
laugh.png

Just as a word of caution, the last Demo I went to caused people to lose self control and buy motorcycles. After one quick ride on the ES model Fred W became an owner that day and I followed a little later with a '15 ES.

Just a suggestion, if you are planning to ride a FJ or FJR go to the Yamaha web site, look at the owners manuals and give them a quick read about features. The '13 and up FJR dash has settings and displays you will want to see during the ride and it will be easier for you if you are somewhat familiar with the bikes before the Demo people go over the bike with you.

Y'all have fun there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to ride four. FZ-7, S-10, FZ-10 (if I was only Rich) and the 2016 FJR. The FJR was oh so smooth and I didn't want to tell my 07 I rode the FZ-10.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great day today!

Checked out and rode the badass engine FZ10, FZ-07 and a ES Tenere. Lots of FJR riders attended the event, saw over a dozen at different times during the day. Wish I could head up again tomorrow...it's only 30 minutes away, right...right?
rolleyes.gif

--G