Yamaha Demo truck - Olympia, WA May 9 - 10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olyk12

Reaction score
Looks like the Yamaha demo truck is headed to Olympia, Wa this friday and Saturday. Here is a list of bikes in the truck

The line up is in for next weeks Yamaha Street Demo Truck visit!

Stratoliner Deluxe, Raider, VMAX, VStar 1300 Deluxe, Stryker, VStar 950, Bolt R Spec, Bolt (2), Super Tenere ES, Super Tenere, FJRES, FJR, FZ09 (3), R1, R6, FZ6R

We hope to see you May 9th and 10th!

https://www.motorsportsofolympia.com/

Also info on their Facebook page -

A couple of us will be there on Friday then head up to the tech day on Saturday. Last years visit was fun - riding new bikes all afternoon!

Steve

Had a great time riding to day - Dodging the rain! The demo riders don't ride in the rain!

Had a good ride on the FJR - ES and the Super Tenere - ES and the FZ09

Three very different modern bikes. ll fun in different ways.

Just a note for those around Seattle - The Demo Truck will be in Auburn next weekend - Sat and Sun and then in Bremerton the weekend after - Check you local Yamaha dealer for details

Steve

Thanks for posting this demo opportunity. Although I really should have been doing other things, I decided to ride down and try out some new Yami's and meet Scooter. That damn 2014 FJR ES was very popular, so I was 3rd in line to test ride it. I decided to try the new R1 first and then the Tenere before the main course FJR.

For some reason, Scooter thought he would melt if he rode in the rain so we delayed the ride a little. ;) The weather then cooperated for a few rides on roads that were drying. Too bad a specially tasty uphill, curvy section never dried out.

Due to the "follow the leader" riding format, I didn't get the R1 up into the fun zone but could tell that it would be a hoot if you could wring it's neck. But after being spoiled on the FJR for the last 83,000 miles, I can't imagine riding the R1 for long distance comfort.

The Tenere had suprisingly good handling and wind protection. Luckily Scooter was leading the ride while I was on the Ten and so I had the opportunity to wring it's neck a couple times trying to keep up on those short bursts of speed. It doesn't have FJR class power, but it's not a slouch either. If I was riding dirt roads and could only have one bike, this would be it.

And then it was time for the FJR. It felt just like my 07 when swinging a leg over, but sure looked different. I tried Touring and Sport mode and there's a noticeable difference in the 2 drive modes. When I buy one some day, I think it will stay in Sport mode because the Touring mode seems to mute the acceleration too much. I suppose that icy roads might be a good time for Touring mode. I did manage to get a quick wheel spin when I momentarilty nailed the throttle in first at about 4 or 5k rpm. This was surprising because I thought the traction control would not allow this. Apparantly Scooters coworker has experienced this also. I can see a Gen III in my future, but I won't even consider it until I get 100k on my 07.