Looking for romance in/around Orlando

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
No, not begging for attention, I have someone.

What I'm actually looking for a place for a quiet dinner for an early Valentine's, like the Saturday before. If you know Orlando, we'll be in the Metrowest area, so Ocoee, Winter Garden, etc. are in easy reach, as are International Drive and Universal, with the associated hotels and their restaurants. Not interested in a noisy joint, and it doesn't much matter what type, other than probably not Mexican, and I have a shellfish allergy. (Which sucks, by the way, because I haven't always had a shellfish allergy, so I know exactly what it is that I'm missing now!)

Anyway, I want to get my lovely S.O. out for a wonderful evening, not looking to be cheap, but I can't spend 200 bucks, either. :) A nice Italian place would be PERFECT, but I'm open to just about anything, as long as it's not a noisy party place.

Begin!

Suggest!!!

Italian…. How about pizza Hut ?
rolleyes.gif

Here's a good place to look: The 10 Best Italian Restaurants in Orlando - TripAdvisor

If you were in West Palm Beach, I have a place that I go to nearly every Valentines Day (Kind of a tradition.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Smart to plan for that particular night this far ahead. Hoping it works out perfectly for you both, and thanks for reminding me to get on the same task myself.

Sorry, Not familiar with the area but, Google is your friend. Good luck and have fun! :yes:

If you were in the Stuart/Palm City area, I'd have a place that'll make you both moist in the pants. :eek: :

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are really trying to be romantic, and want to make a big impression on her, make it at your own place, and spend the day before cooking her something extra fabulous that you both really like. A fine bottle of wine will cost you much less, if you are both fans of that, and no worries about driving home afterwards if you happen to finish the whole bottle (or two). You get to pick the mood music, and the decor, etc. It won't be quite as easy for you as going out, but you'll score mega-bonus points with her.

Otherwise, just be sure to skip the chains, and try to find a nice Mom 'n Pop place with white table cloths, and be prepared to pay the piper. Check the local B&B's as many take diners also, and those are usually very cozy. You shouldn't need to break $200 on a dinner for 2 unless you drink a lot.

Actually, we are doing that on the evening of the 14th. We both hate crowds, so going out on the day is just out of the question! I still want to do something "out and about" with her, same occasion, earlier day! :)

Been finding some interesting stuff, so thanks, everyone!!!!! And get to it with your own plans!!!!!

Woof,

My daughter lives there. She knows every place that's worth going to in the area. I'll get back with you shortly with her reply.

Gary

darksider #44

OK, here's what she recommended:

There's an Italian restaurant at CityWalk called "Vivo." Kathy and her husband really like it. Based on your guidelines, this is the place you're looking for. Plus CityWalk is a great destination in and of itself; dining at CityWalk is second to none. You can hit a different place for lunch and dinner every day for a week and never go to the same place twice. Check out the website below.

Here's the link to their website: CLICKY

and their menu: CLICKY2

Enjoy
smile.png

wfooshee, I re-read your thread title this morning and it hit me differently. When the Navy stationed me in Orlando, we usually went to South Orange Blossom Trail for romance.

(That's useless advice in your case, but over half of the other responses were also pretty useless.)
coolsmiley02.gif

wfooshee, I re-read your thread title this morning and it hit me differently. When the Navy stationed me in Orlando, we usually went to South Orange Blossom Trail for romance.
(That's useless advice in your case, but over half of the other responses were also pretty useless.) :coolsmiley02:
A couple of us came over from the UK to do some work in our Orlando office. Instead of having our office manager book us somewhere, we booked ourselves into a motel on the Orange Blossom Trail. When we arrived, we thought it strange that there was an armed guard sat in the car park. Next day at the office, we were told in no uncertain terms to move somewhere else. But we saw no actual signs of "romance".
We did find a really good Italian restaurant, but this some 25 or 30 years ago, so it probably would have changed, even if I could remember its name or where it was.

Stonewood Tavern, corner of Conroy Road and Dr. Phillips. Will be $100 for two, but shouldn't get to $200. Really, really good steak and other. Not too fancy, but fancy enough.