Latest utility vehicles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiggerDr.

Reaction score
Tried the search function to see if this was being discussed somewhere and no hits.

What kind of UTV do you own and for what purpose?

How reliable is it?

The equipment dealer I work for carries 3 lines of UTV's. Cub Cadet (China) Cushman (A lot better made) and the new Hustler MDV is coming real soon. Maximum Duty Vehicle. I have inspected the prototype and had a chance to play with it. This is a work machine.

I am probably going to buy something soon and wanted some input. I can get a discount but would rather have a solid machine than get a good price.

The Hustler has some unique and interesting options, (bed that not only dumps but will set level on the ground behind the unit, and dump in any position from the ground to normal position.) Would make loading a large generator by one person a hell of a lot easier.

Diesel, 4X4 and built heavy. Shooting to give Polaris some competition I believe.

Probably expensive.......

Can be checked out at hustlerturf.com I believe.

What do you guys and gals think?

What's a good reliable and reasonably priced machine for work purposes?

Might be a problem if you work for an equipment dealer... I have a Kubota RTV 900 with the hydraulic bed ( a must have) for the last 12 years. It is a bullet proof work horse. Three cylinder diesel rwd and awd are standard. It is built very well and over engineered in the frame, drive shaft and suspension areas, IMO.

Don't have the specs handy, but I think it is capable of 1,500 lbs in the bed and can pull 2,000 lbs on the hitch. Kubotas may be a little pricey, but it has been my experience with a B7800 tractor and a G1900 lawn mower that the products are well built and reliable work horses.

Barn Boy

Kubota has had a good reputation for years. They are on the list.

It is hard working in a toy shop for men........

Last edited by a moderator: