Canadian FJR Ramble - 2018 - Save the Date - June 21-24, 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramble? ...sounds like a copyright infringement.
coolsmiley02.gif

tonguesmiley.gif
Sorry Joe, but it isn't going to be a "Rally" (BTDT), BigJohn has copyrighted "Rendezvous" (and lives closer), so a "Ramble" it will be!

The band* that brought you CFR 2009 in Nakusp BC is back together and will host a ramble the week before BigJohn's Spearfish shindig next year. Put it in your calendars - all the cool kids are coming!
(*Dave, the two Jeffs, Bearly Flying, Kasey, and of course Barb!)
Location?

Yes there will be a location!

I would bet heavily on the Kootenay region of BC, but - sigh - I have much scouting to do to nail down the BEST location in the next little while....

Reactions: MEM
Someplace like Revelstoke might be a good Rally Central. Lots of accommodations, beautiful country, lots of riding options in the area, some great routes getting there and getting back. Alas, I wouldn't be able to make it this year but I will be interested in seeing what you come up with!

Edit - I just re-read the original post that says 2018 (not this year)!! I might be able to make it after all.

Edit again - Was thinking about an Alaska trip for next year. This would work perfectly and the timing is right. Just have to plan for an extra couple of days in BC - such a hardship!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike: Appreciate your suggestion but the tradition of starting the name of the event with "Canadian" was to prevent all of you Kalifornicators from heading south in confusion... (and now there's a big wall in your way we hear?)

Mike: Appreciate your suggestion but the tradition of starting the name of the event with "Canadian" was to prevent all of you Kalifornicators from heading south in confusion... (and now there's a big wall in your way we hear?)
Um, CCF? But I'd love to try for this one Dave. My only planned rides for this year are kind of short and I haven't been up your way for quite a while. And that wall will only keep us from going too far on the way home.

CCF has a very unpalatable ring for Western Canadians of the free-enterpriser variety. It eventually became the NDP, a communist (in everything other than name) political party. And this is a politics free zone. And CFR it will stay Mike! Looking forward to seeing you up here again next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.