Returning to the club

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
I scored a super deal on a pristine 04 FJR today. It has a number of nice farkles including a leather Russell seat. Less than 20k on it and I've known it since new.
punk.gif

Awesome deal! Glad to see there are other Gen I owners out there! I'm jones'in for an FZ-09 for sportier riding myself.

Congratulations on a great buy! I fail to understand how anybody can keep a bike for 14+ years and put a single year's worth of riding on it! (Maybe they have a dozen bikes in the stable?)

With a bike that old, it's good that you know the repair and maintenance history.

Ross - I couldn't agree more. With no disrespect intended to Ray's friend, those people are actually not into riding. They are into the IDEA of riding. Oh well, Ray's gain...

Congrats on your return to the insanity, officially. Now that SWMBO has had years of the hippo throne, will she revert back to the FJR on occasion?

Congratulations on a great buy! I fail to understand how anybody can keep a bike for 14+ years and put a single year's worth of riding on it! (Maybe they have a dozen bikes in the stable?)With a bike that old, it's good that you know the repair and maintenance history.
A little history. This bike was purchased in 05 by my neighbor and when we met I took him with me to NAFO in Co. This was to be his last ride because he died shortly after from Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam. I serviced the bike and carefully stored it in his heated garage for his widow until she was ready to let it go in 2016. I arranged to sell it to one of my customers and he doesn't keep things to long so I was able to score it for myself.
punk.gif

Ross - I couldn't agree more. With no disrespect intended to Ray's friend, those people are actually not into riding. They are into the IDEA of riding. Oh well, Ray's gain...
Congrats on your return to the insanity, officially. Now that SWMBO has had years of the hippo throne, will she revert back to the FJR on occasion?
She may ride for local rides but for trips the heated seat,arm rests, tunes, cup holder and the trailer the White Whale will get the job.
rolleyes.gif

I understand - I think, perhaps, you mentioned this some time ago on the forum. Didn't realize it was the same bike. I expect that you will enjoy it!! Will the back hold up?

That year paint - Cerulean Silver - is in many ways the finest paint to adorn a FJR, in my opinion.

The metallic metalflake in that paint is extraordinary in natural sunlight.

Awesome job, Ray!
punk.gif