Acme cafe-Fresh pie

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Doldrum day, have ridden by the Acme cafe on highway 9 more times than I can count, never stopped because it was always out of my break cycle so I headed N. out of Everett for a short day putt to evaluate the cafe. Not a lot of time so I freewayed it to the N. side of Sedro W. and cut over to 9 and headed N. Highway 9 N of Sedro W. is a nice ride, HOWEVER, the speed limit drops to 50 so be observant. Being observant I noticed two totally blacked out ford explorers, lights in tinted windows naturally but nothing external. Also one regular wsp. Seems to be some semi traffic heading S. on 9 these days, must be a reason eh. Acme cafe has homemade pies, made fresh on Tuesdays, unfortunately I ordered ham and eggs before I noticed the locals coming in for pie and coffees. Late breakfast was very good with a big piece of ham. Next time it will be grandmas pie. Lemon meringue seemed the most popular. Soooo I have this cafe dialed in for a pie stop some day. It is located in Acme wa. I would imagine Niehart can vouch for the pies.

Dang - every time I've ridden that stretch, its been too early, OR too late, while my buds and I are enjoying riding at least the western half of the Cascades (WA20) highway.

Will try to remember this now for a future "next time"...

Hey JamesW... any chance of a route map so us dumb-asses south of ya'll can figure out where the heck you're riding?

If you have an iPhone, Yamaha has a pretty good app called MyRide which will track and record interesting other info too!

Thanks for the RR!

Good ride JamesW, stopped in Acme and had breakfast a few times too!

For dcarver, SR-9 north of Arlington is a nice ride quite a ways north. Come on up and we'll show you a few straight-boring roads!

~G