Any trick to removing windshield trim cover on 07??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoneman91

Reaction score
Aurora,Colorado --Rocky Mt motorcycle heaven
I am going to install the Yamaha tall accessory windshield and I was wondering if there is a way to insure that the trim cover assembly-- that covers the screws holding the windshield to the carrier- wont get damaged during removal and installation.

It seems that there are two fasteners that are on the bottom and face forward. Are these the only fasteners securing the trim cover to the windshield carrier assembly??

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to install the Yamaha tall accessory windshield and I was wondering if there is a way to insure that the trim assembly-- that covers the screws holding the windshield to the carrier- wont get damaged during removal and installation.
It seems that there are two fasteners that are on the bottom and face forward. Are these the only fasteners securing the trim to the windshield carrier assembly??

Yes.

The screws holding on the wind screen are plastic. Make sure you use a screw driver that fits the screws or they will strip.