VA-16 Video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacurverider

Reaction score
Route 16 between Tazewell and Marion, VA, September 23, 2010. This is a "must" ride! "Shakin", this one's for you.

Route 16 between Tazewell and Marion, VA, September 23, 2010. This is a "must" ride! "Shakin", this one's for you.
Most excellent job! I've ridden this stretch 3 or 4 times now and always make the detour to get to it.

Most excellent job! I've ridden this stretch 3 or 4 times now and always make the detour to get to it.
Steve, you can take credit for the inspiration since you posted last year how great it was.

Now go back in the Winter when there's gravel, sand and salt in all the corners. Be sure to turn your mic gain up really high so we can hear all the "Oh shits!".

:D

The views are actually much better in Winter after all that damn Kudzu dies.

Hey, here's an idea... How about this time I video YOU guys!

:)

Now go back in the Winter when there's gravel, sand and salt in all the corners. Be sure to turn your mic gain up really high so we can hear all the "Oh shits!".

The views are actually much better in Winter after all that damn Kudzu dies.

Hey, here's an idea... How about this time I video YOU guys!

:)
I just don't think you have it in you to go that slow . . . . not in this lifetime! Oh . . I'll take a rain check on the winter ride!

The first time I did that road was with Rob in Sept a few years ago right after a particulary nasty storm had blown through the day before. Theirs was gravel, leaves and twigs everywhere. Wasn't a very fast ride for sure but that just meant we had more time to enjoy the views. We did it again last year on the way down to Johnson City at a considerably brisker pace (read to slow for you). In fact, Moosehead ran it twice!

Good road!

Thanks for that video. I've ridden 16 many times over the last 8 years on my ZR-7 but had to miss the trip this year due to work. So many great roads in that area. Hopefully next year I'll make it on the FJR.