CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEM

Reaction score
What: CFR 2011 :clapping:

Where: Fredericton, NB (fondly referred to as Freddy Beach)

SILVERWOOD MOTEL

When: June 20 - 23, 2011

Hosts: MEM and Mark (soon to become a Forum member when I get him signed up)

I met with our Accommodations-of-Choice owner/operator this morning. We like the Silverwood Motel because:

1. it's about 6 miles from City centre

2. ride-up-to-room parking

3. it's located in a safe area at the foot of the subdivision where I grew up :p

4. the owner is like my own Papa Chuy. I think I can (still) wrap him around my little finger and have him at our beck and call - hauling barbecue, lobster kettle and burner, liquor store run(s), etc. TBD

5. swimming pool; but no hot tub, damn it

6. onsite German restaurant that will provide breakfast every morning and an Oktoberfest Rally Dinner, as well as provide the fixin's for a bbq and a lobster boil (IF y'all would like to HAVE a lobster boil ;) )

7. it's a family-owned and operated business and I've known the family for 40 odd years a long freaking time. I suspect service will be friendly and 'accommodating' (see #4. above)

Now, where the 'ante up' comes into play is: we need serious Expressions of Interest. Space is LIMITED at this particular motel. With strategic positioning (and I'm not talking Kama Sutra s**t here), we can confirm about 40 people.

The rooms available right now are :

6 singles: queen bed with pullout couch

13 doubles: 2 double beds

3 cots available; I'd suggest they may fit better in the double rooms

There may be a few suites avaiable but we wouldn't know that until much closer to June. They have 3 beds and a kitchenette.

In addition, there is a cleared, grassy space behind the Motel to pitch a few tents. You'd have to work out arrangements for shower facilities. Hey, this COULD get fun... There's also Mactaquac Provincial Park about 6 miles - in opposite direction from the City.

IF there's SERIOUS interest from more than 40ish strategically-placed people, we can make arrangements at a place like, for example the Comfort Inn.

As far as riding/partying/commuting goes, we should - for a reasonable price (?!) - be able to hire a van for the 3 days and get a voluntold (my sister :D - who would also be our Event Photographer) designated driver to shuttle people the 6 miles to and from Silverwood.

I know this is a silly busy time of year but some of you ARE doing your 2011 Ride Planning and have given thought to this particular event.

Could you please give a shout out in the next couple of weeks regarding your interest in CFR? and Mark and I will proceed with details.

Cheers! and Merry Christmas .....Happy Festivus ....whatever floats your boat

Above all - be happy, safe & healthy (give medical staff a break over the holidays ;) )

ps - I neglected to add: from Freddy, it's a day's easy ride to: the Cabot Trail to the east and the Gaspe Peninsula to the north

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like a woman, get me all excited, then say you're not ready yet! :lol:

Wonderful! Now I can finally take the Great Canadian Beaver Pond Voyage that I have always dreamed of, er, of which I have always dreamed.

I will absolutely, positively be attending CFR in 2011. Thingfish (Paul pole, whatever) is also interested, so we'll need one of those double rooms.

And I do like lobster so I'm in for that as well. :yahoo:

Thank you!

Wonderful! Now I can finally take the Great Canadian Beaver Pond Voyage that I have always dreamed of, er, of which I have always dreamed.
Hey Joseph! Are you serious ? Cool beans !

We don't have typically "technical" motorcycle roads here but we DO have some beautiful and interesting sites in NB. Details to follow.

AND, the Gaspe and Cabot Trail are easy 3-day detours :D

Why does the Silverwood link come up as Kama Sutra??

Anyway, I'll be there but being the Cheap bastard frugal individual that I am, I'll likely be staying at home with plans to meet up for food, beverages, rides etc. Looking forward to the event!

Ross

What: CFR 2011 :clapping:

Where: Fredericton, NB (fondly referred to as Freddy Beach) Silverwood Motel

When: June 20 - 23, 2011

Hosts: MEM and Mark (soon to become a Forum member when I get him signed up)

I met with our Accommodations-of-Choice owner/operator this morning. We like the Silverwood Motel because:

1. it's about 6 miles from City centre

2. ride-up-to-room parking

3. it's located in a safe area at the foot of the subdivision where I grew up :p

4. the owner is like my own Papa Chuy. I think I can (still) wrap him around my little finger and have him at our beck and call - hauling barbecue, lobster kettle and burner, liquor store run(s), etc. TBD

5. swimming pool; but no hot tub, damn it

6. onsite German restaurant that will provide breakfast every morning and an Oktoberfest Rally Dinner, as well as provide the fixin's for a bbq and a lobster boil (IF y'all would like to HAVE a lobster boil ;) )

7. it's a family-owned and operated business and I've known the family for 40 odd years a long freaking time. I suspect service will be friendly and 'accommodating' (see #4. above)

Now, where the 'ante up' comes into play is: we need serious Expressions of Interest. Space is LIMITED at this particular motel. With strategic positioning (and I'm not talking Kama Sutra s**t here), we can confirm about 40 people.

The rooms available right now are :

6 singles: queen bed with pullout couch

13 doubles: 2 double beds

3 cots available; I'd suggest they may fit better in the double rooms

There may be a few suites avaiable but we wouldn't know that until much closer to June. They have 3 beds and a kitchenette.

In addition, there is a cleared, grassy space behind the Motel to pitch a few tents. You'd have to work out arrangements for shower facilities. Hey, this COULD get fun... There's also Mactaquac Provincial Park about 6 miles - in opposite direction from the City.

IF there's SERIOUS interest from more than 40ish strategically-placed people, we can make arrangements at a place like, for example the Comfort Inn.

As far as riding/partying/commuting goes, we should - for a reasonable price (?!) - be able to hire a van for the 3 days and get a voluntold (my sister :D - who would also be our Event Photographer) designated driver to shuttle people the 6 miles to and from Silverwood.

I know this is a silly busy time of year but some of you ARE doing your 2011 Ride Planning and have given thought to this particular event.

Could you please give a shout out in the next couple of weeks regarding your interest in CFR? and Mark and I will proceed with details.

Cheers! and Merry Christmas .....Happy Festivus ....whatever floats your boat

Above all - be happy, safe & healthy (give medical staff a break over the holidays ;) )

ps - I neglected to add: from Freddy, it's a day's easy ride to: the Cabot Trail to the east and the Gaspe Peninsula to the north

Sylvia and I will need two of those beds my darlin' (or one big one). We're going to build a Four Corners tour around this event!

I'm in. Do we contact the motel directly to book our rooms? Is there a code we should refer to?

Thanks for heading this up.

Canadian FJR
Hi Scott

Great news :)

What do you think re: booking ? Where's space is so tight, I thought I'd like to have some way to keep an eye on numbers and faciliate the "doubling up". But I don't want to be handling bookings, money, etc.

I'm making note of names and requirements as people post up.

The problem with this particular facility is the number of "long term' renters they have. Construction companies, for example, board workers there. Otherwise, space wouldn't be a problem.

Your thoughts on this? Anyone ? (re: optimizing accoommodations, that is ;) )

ME

I would suggest that you ask to have "X" number of rooms set aside for the rally and then let each person book their own room. (You would have to set a reasonable cut-off date to release the remaining rooms.) Folks can then post up if they have space to add someone to their room. I also feel that there will be a number of folks wanting to tent. I for one have no problem letting someone use my room for shower/bath facilities if they are tenting. Just my 2 cents.

Canadian FJR

MEM, based on the rooms you have listed it looks like there will be accommodations for 30-40 people depending on how they get shared. If you think we will take up all available space then is there another place nearby for overflow?

Joann and I are very interested in attending CFR this year. I've had it penciled into our 2011 agenda since last year's "pre-announcement" made at The Whites and Wets.

We'll need to get those pesky international papers arranged (my passport has expired! :eek: ) but we've been wanting very much to go on up to the Cabot Trail and this is just the great excuse we need to get off our butts.

And ME, If the Mom and Pop place sells out, and it sure sounds like that will happen with their limited space, maybe you could get a room block at the chain place nearby? Comfort Inn or whatever you said...

ok I'm in and will take one of those singles please. I also drink Stella d'Artois and would you please have a case delivered to my room. Thank you :rolleyes: