CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(and I think that about sells it out...thank god some of the riffraff didn't get a chance to see this.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Joann and I are very interested in attending CFR this year. I've had it penciled into our 2011 agenda since last year's "pre-announcement" made at The Whites and Wets.

We'll need to get those pesky international papers arranged (my passport has expired! :eek: ) but we've been wanting very much to go on up to the Cabot Trail and this is just the great excuse we need to get off our butts.

And ME, If the Mom and Pop place sells out, and it sure sounds like that will happen with their limited space, maybe you could get a room block at the chain place nearby? Comfort Inn or whatever you said...
I am very interested in this ride. Not to hijack but does anyone know when the Chowda run is scheduled?

I am very interested in this ride. Not to hijack but does anyone know when the Chowda run is scheduled?
PM sent edited - other folks might want to know

It should be the weekend before Memorial Day. But that is entirely up to CJ.

touche !!

(sorry - don't know how to get the accent aigu for my 'e' !)
Assist: é -- touché!!

Hold down the ALT key while typing 0233 on the key pad, when you release the alt key your high tech "e" will make an appearance.

We have added CFR to our schedule of FJR events and rides for next year! Thanks for all the hard work MEM!

Snowbound riff-raff from Ontario is in. Who knows, I may even walk down to the ocean (so long as the tides out and its not 40C) at Flower Pot Rocks. It might be only a day stop for me though. I'm planning on running up the Cabot again and hopping onto the big canoe to NFLD. Gotta see me some Gros Morne. Don't plan on my occupying a room. I might share one with one of the other two amigo's if their in, or if its just an over nighter, I'll be the lone tenter.

It's 3am here in Chandler, Arizona and I am up planning for our visit to CFR; way too excited to sleep, thinking about our Canada M/C trip (maybe redhead nurses too!).

Just bouncing around ideas, was going to fly Seth and I into Halifax, NS, spend one night there. Then next morning we board VIA Rail to Truro and our first night at Bikers Bed and Breakfast. Then rent their FJR AE from them for the four days of CFR; the three nights of CFR, with the last night at Bikers B & B. Then once again VIA Rail to Halifax and fly home to Phoenix. So, that results in seven nights in Canada: 2 - Halifax, 3 - Fredericton and 2 - Truro.

The Cabot Trail to the East has been mentioned as a possible destination after CFR 2011, if Seth and I were to secure the FJR AE for one more day, would any of you frostbacks be interested in riding out to the Cabot Trail with The Stanley Boys? Can we ride to the Cabot Trail from Fredericton in a day and then ride back to Truro also in a day? Am I right on these times and mileages regarding Fredericton-Cabot Trail-Truro? Where would you recommend we stay out on the Cabot Trail? Any planning tips and pointers would be appreciated!

6/18 SAT Flight from Phoenix to Halifax

6/19 SUN Via Rail to Truro - Father's Day, how perfect a day to have with my Son Seth; riding the train Northward!

6/20 MON Ride the rented FJR AE to Fredericton

6/21 TUE CFR

6/22 WED CFR

6/23 THU Ride back to Bikers Bed & Breakfast, return FJR ALTERNATE: Keep FJR extra day and ride out to Cabot Trail.

6/24 FRI Via Rail Return to Halifax

6/25 SAT Return Flight home to PHX

6/25 SUN If Seth and Don go with ALTERNATE plan, after riding Cabot Trail, we then fly home to Phoenix after 9 days.

https://reservia.viarail.ca/search/tripreview.aspx