CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find. And it's in English so I'll actually be able to use it, unlike the one in French I got last year from Quebec. :eek:
Actually for all you furriners, New Brunswick is the only official bilingual province in Canada; they all speak English and Acadian fluently, usually in the same sentence! And er... Acadian is a higher form of French. Remember when you all thought MEM spoke in tongues after a few nips....? Well that was Acadian.... :)

And Bungie gave a ringing endorsement of the TransCanada through NB - the equivalent of the US interstates (aargh) - it actually has some character and nice scenary.

Oh, and we have deer/ wildlife fencing :assassin:
I did. Reasonably high speed limits (110km/h) and deer fencing along the sides of the highway. Gotta like it. Some big ass rolling hills (mtn's? What the criteria for a mtn?) and rivers 'n such. Very pleasant place to ride in! Is it June yet?

I sure hope CFR doesn't clash with the MBSR. Cuz the MBSR will lose in that case!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think New Brunswick also has the highest concentration of covered bridges in Canada too...... don't know if MEM's putting together a route to tour those.

As for bad roads, I was not impressed with Hwy 10 leading north to 116, and 116 east will take your dentures out. Pothole repairs upon pothole repairs... probably elsewhere it's OK, but avoid that route IMO.

I'm not going to say out loud that I'm coming, because every time I've made long-range plans to attend a CFR, I've gotten laid off right when it's time to get the bike in shape for the trip. That being said, I'm working now, so I think I can, I think I can, ...

I'll probably be tenting, though, so my attendance won't change your hotel room head-count.

Chris

Nice find. And it's in English so I'll actually be able to use it, unlike the one in French I got last year from Quebec. :eek:
Actually for all you furriners, New Brunswick is the only official bilingual province in Canada; they all speak English and Acadian fluently, usually in the same sentence! And er... Acadian is a higher form of French. Remember when you all thought MEM spoke in tongues after a few nips....? Well that was Acadian.... :)
We don't all speak Acadian. Just those ones that we haven't expelled from the province yet.

And I wouldn't say Acadian is a higher form of french but I would say they are a darn nicer form of french person.

We don't all speak Acadian. Just those ones that we haven't expelled from the province yet.

And I wouldn't say Acadian is a higher form of french but I would say they are a darn nicer form of french person.
:unsure:

That sure did quiet things downs. Time for a big group hug and start dicussing this rally again.

Canadian FJR
OK, so who do I send my money to? Last two years running I've mailed a check off to FJRGuy Jeff, because I hate PayPal's guts. If this is set in stone with no chance of any date change, I'll also send off a $500 deposit check off to Bikers Bed and Breakfast to reserve our FJR AE and our rooms.

You were on a roll until you mentioned that FJRob1300 guy. He has a few issues that need to be sorted out. We can work on that in Fredericton.

Canadian FJR

Feel free to send cash directly to me. :)

Canadian FJR
No problemos, ese; la Cuenta is in the mail. After being at CFR and SW-FOG with Bungie, RaYzerman19, yamafitter, huron52 and FJRob1300 I know just how trustworthy and honest you Canadians are!
Grand Amigo Beemerdons, you can send me cash any time.... can't promise what I'll use it for, but I like it.... Of course, I will find a cold beverage to celebrate the occasion when you arrive!

Hoping to attend.

Will likely stay with friends in the area.

Shippagan is a great day trip of the North Shore, NB

Jim