CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find. And it's in English so I'll actually be able to use it, unlike the one in French I got last year from Quebec. :eek:
Actually for all you furriners, New Brunswick is the only official bilingual province in Canada; they all speak English and Acadian fluently, usually in the same sentence! And er... Acadian is a higher form of French. Remember when you all thought MEM spoke in tongues after a few nips....? Well that was Acadian.... :)
We don't all speak Acadian. Just those ones that we haven't expelled from the province yet.

And I wouldn't say Acadian is a higher form of french but I would say they are a darn nicer form of french person.
:unsure:

Sorry Pierre, I guess I shouldn't be too hard on the French. I hear they created democracy, existentialism and the ménage à trois. Unfortuanetly they created speedos for 300lb 50 year old men too. Darn, I've digressed again. Maybe it's all due to how badly I did taking French in school.

Please put me down for a single room for the three days with a side order of the Cabot Trail.

I'm not scared of PayPal unlike that Luddite, Don.

If you're not scared of a little bit of unpaved road at the north end of Cape Breton the scenery at Meat Cove is spectacular :thumbsup:

Meat Cove? :huh:

Yeah, that sounds, um... interesting.

Would it be safe to bring my wife there? :unsure:
The misses will be safe there. You on the other hand...

On my Cabot trip this past July I bumped into a bunch of Cape Bretoner's at my stop in Moncton. We sat in the parking lot drinking beer all night (what?! Bretoner's drinking!?) and they asked about my trip. I mentioned I wanted to camp at Meat Cove but blew right past it.

"Good thing, you would've woken up in the morning with only one ball"

"HUH?!"

Now, all that being said, if any of you come to CFR and don't make time to ride the Cabot Trail, ya'll need to turn in you motorcycle licenses and spend the rest of your days yellin' at traffic from the safety of your living room. Theirs a reason its always listed on one of the 10 best roads in North America.

A little taste:

Cabot from Cheticamp. The first 12 minutes - UNCUT

Inland coming down the North Mountain

Course, Freddy Beach is nothing to sneeze at either!

IMG_0119.jpg

Now, all that being said, if any of you come to CFR and don't make time to ride the Cabot Trail, ya'll need to turn in you motorcycle licenses and spend the rest of your days yellin' at traffic from the safety of your living room. Theirs a reason its always listed on one of the 10 best roads in North America.

A little taste:

Cabot from Cheticamp. The first 12 minutes - UNCUT

Inland coming down the North Mountain

Thanks!!

The fuzziness of the video just makes me want to go eyeball it myself even more!

The fuzziness of the video just makes me want to go eyeball it myself even more!
The fog was quite heavy first thing in the morning the day I went. Mix in the video cam being mounted under my lights so that it catches the full brunt of the moisture and you end up with fuzzy vid. I like to think that it gives the video an ethereal quality.

I'll be at CFR, but I'll be leaving there for the Cabot and then onto Newfoundland to ride up through Gros Morne Ntl Park afterwards.

I hope. LOL!

The fog was quite heavy first thing in the morning the day I went. Mix in the video cam being mounted under my lights so that it catches the full brunt of the moisture and you end up with fuzzy vid. I like to think that it gives the video an ethereal quality.

I'll be at CFR, but I'll be leaving there for the Cabot and then onto Newfoundland to ride up through Gros Morne Ntl Park afterwards.

I hope. LOL!
You need to get out more...you never get to do anything! :)

Just to clarify on the cabot trail. It's a days ride to the cabot trail. A nice day at the cabot trail to enjoy the road and sites. A days ride back. Can be done in 2 days for pretty much any FJR rider but that's fairly heavy riding.

Great day trips from Fredericton (none of which are main hi-ways, we avoid those)

- Fundy National Park

- Saint John River Run (5 ferries on the ferry run)

- Garnet Settlement, St. Martins, Fundy Trail

- St. Andrews

- Advocate Harbour, NS - one of the nicest rides just inside of the Nova Scotia border and an easy day run with almost no hiway driving.

Just live in Saint John, so won't be taking a hotel but will be joining the fun. Be glad to lead on a more spirited ride.

Deer fencing is only on parts of the main hi-way and really only concern for dear is at dusk.

Great day trips from Fredericton (none of which are main hi-ways, we avoid those)

- Fundy National Park

- Saint John River Run (5 ferries on the ferry run)

- Garnet Settlement, St. Martins, Fundy Trail

- St. Andrews

- Advocate Harbour, NS - one of the nicest rides just inside of the Nova Scotia border and an easy day run with almost no hiway driving.
It is on my bucket list to see the Bay of Fundy at low tide. It looks like I will be able to check that off this year. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn... :( Just isn't "in the cards" this year..

Will beemerdon be brining Dolly ? :rolleyes:
Beemer doesn't posses her John.. fjrob1300 has kidnapped her and at this point I think he's pretty well brainwashed her..

I would advise staying far away from those two this year
Dolly has it all figured out, Bust baby....

Once you have a Canuck, you never go back

J'es sayin' ;)

Damn... :( Just isn't "in the cards" this year..

Will beemerdon be brining Dolly ? :rolleyes:
Beemer doesn't posses her John.. fjrob1300 has kidnapped her and at this point I think he's pretty well brainwashed her..

I would advise staying far away from those two this year
Dolly has it all figured out, Bust baby....

Once you have a Canuck, you never go back

J'es sayin' ;)
I dunno Barb. Them thar Canadian sheep are an aggressive lot :eek: They always wanna be the caboose :blink: