Nolan 104

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my new Nolan Voyager helmet yesterday installed the pin lock me likey
I've been thinking about that helmet as well. I'm looking for a local dealer who has it in stock so I can see the fit, however it looks like many locals are no longer stocking Nolan.

With regard to the fit, what did you used to have and how does it compare to the 104? Thanks.

1331940544[/url]' post='944700']My other helmet is Kbc modular no comparison u can see the differance in quality
Thanks. I may just pull the trigger as it looks like a nice helmet for the price considering pin lock system is included.

I just bought a Nolan N-104 this week. It is sweet!

NOLAN104.jpg

Damn! I want this helmet. Have wanted it for months, ever since it first started popping up on the web. I just can't find anywhere that has it yet to try on :angry:

The origination of the Pinlock System:

The Pinlock Fog Resistant System was developed by Derek Arnold. Mr Arnold started the company in 1980 as a motorcycle accessories distributor in The Netherlands and in 2000 the company dropped all other business activities to focus on the development and marketing of fog resistant systems.

Pinlock lenses were introduced in Europe in 1997. The Pinlock lens was chosen as the best innovation of the year in 1998, beating out 1.000 other entries. With over 3.000.000 units sold in Europe, many of the major

helmet brands offer Pinlock as a standard for their helmets. Brands include: Arai, Nolan, X-Lite, Lazer, Schuberth, BMW, Shoei and IXS.

https://pinlockusa.net/node/11

Last edited by a moderator:
I was all over the N-104 but they pushed the date back twice so I ended up with a Shurberth C-3.

Still would like to try one at some point but the C-3 left little cash for anything.

I love the C-3 but think I would have liked the 104 also.

My father uses the N-104 and loves it. It is of far better quality than the HJC I ride with. He had the N-102 before this and thought it was great, the 104 is better. The quick fastener is really nice, much faster than the D-rings. The built in sun visor is fantastic. It is inside the helmet, rather than outside like the 102 and it comes down far enough that you don't see the bottom edge as a line across your instruments. I had better add that he got the 104 because of a very bad crash which damaged the 102. The FJR was within $200 of being totaled and the old man broke two ribs and bruised himself up pretty bad. The Tourmaster jacket and pants he was wearing were worn through to the hard armor and the Nolan was scratched and slightly out of alignment. But the 102 was still in one piece, the visor and the flip up front were both still functional. I can't give it a better endorsement than that.

.... I had better add that he got the 104 because of a very bad crash which damaged the 102. The FJR was within $200 of being totaled and the old man broke two ribs and bruised himself up pretty bad. The Tourmaster jacket and pants he was wearing were worn through to the hard armor and the Nolan was scratched and slightly out of alignment. But the 102 was still in one piece, the visor and the flip up front were both still functional. I can't give it a better endorsement than that.
Glad to hear your Dad is OK... and glad to hear how well the N102 held up... still liking mine alot.

It appears the N104 offers better Viewing than the N102.

Thanks for sharing.

I have the N90, great quality helmet. Internal visor is so handy. Not as quiet as my shoei. Not sure about the numbering system Nolan uses. The 104 is closer in build quality and design to the N90.

I was all over the N-104 but they pushed the date back twice so I ended up with a Shurberth C-3.

Still would like to try one at some point but the C-3 left little cash for anything.

I to have had the C-3 but it was damaged in a crash at CFO last June so insurance got it and since I still had a serviceable C-2 and a N-102 I didn't replace it immediately. I'm glad I waited as I replaced C-3 with N-104 a couple of months ago and I like the Nolan helmet much better. I think N-104 build quality is better and even if the two helmets were the same price I would go with the Nolan again if needed, the fact that the N-104 is half the price of the C-3 is just a super bonus.

I have the N90, great quality helmet. Internal visor is so handy. Not as quiet as my shoei. Not sure about the numbering system Nolan uses. The 104 is closer in build quality and design to the N90.
Actually, I think the N104 is closer to the N103 in quality and build. I have the 103 and 104, and the 90 for my wife. N90 interior is not as plush as the 103, and vents may be less robust. Considering the $100+ difference in the 90 vs. 104, it is still a great helmet for the money.

The only thing I don't care for with the 104 is the clear visor shakes from wind when not in the closed position, and makes for quick eye strain. That's a BIG visor and is more like opening the hood on a 1962 Cadillac compared to a VW Beetle.

I don't like the sun visor as well as the 90 or 103, but it is quieter than the 103 and fits me better (no chin touching the bar anymore).

I got a 104 a month ago, and it's hands down the nicest lid I've ever worn. It's the only helmet I've been able to feel the air flowing - a nice curtain of air from the chin vent and nice little breeze on my forehead. If they could only find a way to mount A fan & refrigeration compressor in there... ;)

I have been considering the modular helmet since last year at Americade. This year I tried the C3, the Neotec and the N104. Both the C3 and Neotec fit so close to my chin when closing that I had to pull the wind curtain over my chin. I am still a fan of the D-ring (Neotec) but felt that with it being within $50 of the C3, I would prefer the C3. I could put the C3 and the N104 on without removing my glasses, the Neotec required removing and then trying to wiggle the arms into the helmet and over my ears. The Neotec seemed to fit tighter around the checkbones ,my RF700 is the same tight fit. After visiting each booth twice I decided that the Nolan being basically half the price of the other two would be a good investment. Instead of buying there and transporting an extra helmet home, I decided to try online, found Comp Acc. sell for $40 less. Ready to buy!

I have the 104 and b4 n- com and I rode up to lake George this weekend nice helmet ran into some rain no leaks but I also noticed the visor shaking when not fully closed. The n- com worked great.