2006 Charging Output from Service Manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallara

Reaction score
Hi,

New here, but I got my new 2006 FJR-1300-A a bit more than 2 weeks ago.

Looking through the new 2006 Service manual titled as follows:

"Yamaha

FJR13AV ( C )

FJR13AEV ( C )

Service Manual

LIT-11616-19-83 3P6-28197-10"

I noticed something interesting on page 2-13... It reads as follows:

AC Magneto

Model/Manufacturer LNX07/Denso

Standard Output 14.0 V 590 w 5000 r/min

Stator Coil Resistance 0.13-0.19 Ohms at 20 degrees C (68 degrees F)

Now if I am not mistaken that is 100 watts more than the previous years FJR's put out, right?

Just wondering if anybody else has seen this...

Thanks!

Dallara

Last edited by a moderator:
That is 100 watts more than the listing in my '05 service manual. If so, that is phenomenal! Any chance of scanning that page and getting a copy? If it's truly 590 then I owe somebody on this forum $20, but be glad to pay.

Actually, Ignacio, I don't have to scan it.

I can't say exactly how I came to have it, but I got the entire 2006 FJR Service Manual (all 726 pages of it!) on a CD. It's all in PDF format, but I have tried to copy the page as an image, so I will try and post it here...

First time trying to post an image on this board, so I hope it works.

68197396-O.jpg

68196894-O.jpg

I guess it did work! Can you post the similar page from the 2005 manual, Ignacio? Would be interesting to compare the specs not only on the two stators, but on the voltage regulator as well.

Hope this helps!

Dallara

In the "Bin-O-Facts", Iqnacio does state that the charging output for the '03 - '05 is in fact only 490. What is involved in a changeout, will the '06 fit ?

Canadian FJR

Damned if I know if the '06 stator will fit in the previous years, Canadian. This '06 is the only FJR I have ever owned.

But you know even if it will the cost from Yamaha for a new stator might be pretty healthy. I found some posts on this board about a new aftermarket stator that was coming out, and the price for it seemed pretty reasonable.

Here's what the cover page for the new '06 service manual looks like in case anybody is looking for it.

68231598-M.jpg

Hope this helps!

Dallara

Actually, Ignacio, I don't have to scan it.
I can't say exactly how I came to have it, but I got the entire 2006 FJR Service Manual (all 726 pages of it!) on a CD. It's all in PDF format, but I have tried to copy the page as an image, so I will try and post it here...

First time trying to post an image on this board, so I hope it works.

Dallara
We don't need to know how you came to have it, we can just need to know...Can you hook a brother up? :D

From the '03-'05 Service Manual:

FJRElectricalCharging.jpg

Do you believe in miracles?

From Dallara's '06 manual

68196894-O.jpg

Well, this is an interesting development, without a doubt......... B)

Too bad the '06's get last year's same, weak-tit GYM battery.... this battery is crap; many die out with less than three years of service... :(

Seems like the sort of thing that the Yamaha marketing department would have wanted to brag about...yet they never did.

This is really interesting - If there's someone close to me that has the equipment to measure the output, I'd be happy to show up with Wonky.

Maybe I shoulda taken Iggy's bet too !!

If it's correct - (and forgive me, because I have found technical documentation to be incorrect) I would have thought that the mothership would have marketed this - because it's a HUGE change.

My offer stands - if there's someone within a day's round trip ride, I'd be happy to show up for measurement purposes. Just PM me, and we'll set it up.

Maybe there is something to RTFM? Congrats on hitting the FJR wattage lottery. Guess the marketing folks really missed a golden opprotunity?

That is 100 watts more than the listing in my '05 service manual. If so, that is phenomenal! Any chance of scanning that page and getting a copy? If it's truly 590 then I owe somebody on this forum $20, but be glad to pay.

:clapping: Damn the $20, that beer is gona taste good!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

It would be interesting to measure the depth of the cover plate between the `03-`05 and the `06?

dallara

if accurate that is some great news. i would really like to know where you got the service cd? i have been looking and i cant find one, yet. can you enlighten those of us in need???

thanks

tony

Looks like they boosted the rectifer by 20 Amps to deal with the increased output.

That might be required even with the Electrex unit Warchild is testing.

Over driving the rectifer has always been my biggest concen

Chris

Well, Folks...

I really would love to come right out and tell you where I got it, but I honestly can't.

Still, maybe I can help you as to where you might find one, just like I did. Here's where I didn't get the 2006 Service Manual CD...

1.) I didn't buy it off e-Bay.

2.) I didn't buy it from Yamaha.

3.) I didn't buy it from anybody.

4.) I didn't get it off Yamaha's *CONSUMER* website...

Now, ask yourself a couple of questions... The printed manuals aren't available yet, right? Yet dealers are working away, happily as clams, doing 600 miles checks, replacing damaged pieces, etc. on 2006 FJR-1300's all over the country, right?

Where do they get all the new data from to work on these? Say, like if they wanted to go to a manual online somewhere and print a page or two... Where would they go?

And find a 726 page, 40 MB, PDF file called LIT-11616-19-83.pdf?

Hope this helps, but you didn't hear it from me, okay?

Thanks!

Dallara

Status
Not open for further replies.