I'm back and think I'm headed east

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

festar

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm back for my 3rd 3 month unplanned stint and this time I've been convinced to head south east then north for some fun riding. On my first trip in 2014 I picked up my bike in Springfield Missouri and next day was invited by some southern guys to join them for a blast in Arkansas before beginning my journey north west.

I vowed I would return one day and hopefully ride with some of them again as well as other members I have met along the way at various gatherings I've attended.

I expect to leave San Jose Tuesday June 20.

My SpotWalla link is https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=148c2594327937084f

If you see I'm nearby or headed your way and want to say hi please holler out. I currently have cell service with T-mobile whips is utter crap so when I update to Verizon I'll update with a number

Any weather warnings or must do roads along the way would be appreciated.

As I've stated earlier, my trip is Unplanned so can change or be changed at any point.

Hope to see some of you along the way.

Festar

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are planning on making Arkansas, when will this be? I might could meet up with you there for a day or two. If you have time, you might consider upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. There is some some great beauty up that way.

If you are planning on making Arkansas, when will this be? I might could meet up with you there for a day or two. If you have time, you might consider upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. There is some some great beauty up that way.
I'm guessing around 5 days to get to Arkansas

Brian,

If you plan on doing any riding with Bob, maybe I could hook up with you guys for a couple of days. I'll be in Mexico from 6/28-7/8, so maybe we can get together, after I get back. I'll keep an eye on your Spot track.

Safe travels,

Joe

Among the regional FJR gatherings coming, one to consider is NERDS in Stowe, Vermont, in mid-to-late August. Not to mention SW-FOG in Colorado.

In your travels, if you're passing through central Ohio and could use a garage / tools / a bed, lemme know! We've got plenty of room and I've got a bunch of tools that I don't know how to use.

Brian,
If you plan on doing any riding with Bob, maybe I could hook up with you guys for a couple of days. I'll be in Mexico from 6/28-7/8, so maybe we can get together, after I get back. I'll keep an eye on your Spot track.

Safe travels,

Joe
Might be tough Joe, I'm committed in South Dakota August then straight back home. It's a long shot but would be great to ride with you again. Have fun in Mexico.

Brian

Among the regional FJR gatherings coming, one to consider is NERDS in Stowe, Vermont, in mid-to-late August. Not to mention SW-FOG in Colorado.
In your travels, if you're passing through central Ohio and could use a garage / tools / a bed, lemme know! We've got plenty of room and I've got a bunch of tools that I don't know how to use.
Thanks Andy, great offer.

Tyler tells me you and your wife are awesome, a good recommendation coming from the best.

Hope to at least meet along the way.

Cheers

Brian

I'll be watching, as well. North Georgia has some mighty fine moto-roads!

How far South are you planning? Are you considering anything on the Gulf Coast?

I may know a couple folks in South Louisiana that would like to see you again.