Throttlemeister Customer Service A++

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrM0t0

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
The powder coating on my left Throttlemeister bar end peeled off, while the throttle side stayed perfectly intact. I emailed the mfr. with pics of each side to ask if I could send it to him for recoating (it's 6 years old). He replied with:

"Holy moly. Whats your address. I'll send you a new one."

That's an amazing response.

I've had less than satisfactory experiences with a few small shops, that in this edit, will go unnamed.

Throttlemeister FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

I have had throttlemeisters on my Suzuki SV 1000 for 12 years and they still work and look fantastic.

So when I got my new 2017 FJR I called them to get two "left" ones as the best looking pair of bar end weights money can buy.

The guy said "no problem" and shipped them at a significant discount since they are plain bar ends, but what an exquisite finish!

They look like they were made for this bike...

I was just trying to look up some stuff on the Throttlemeister website.  (Diagrams and installation instructions to see if I could tweak the adjustment for mine)  Anyway, the domain is for sale and apparently they are no longer in business.  As of last winter, from what I can tell...

In my searching for information, I came across the following:

https://www.fjr1300.info/howto/throttlemeister.html

Thanks guys - just what I needed!!

Assuming that there wasn't a design change between the time this was written and when mine was manufactured.  I bought the bike used with the Throttlemeister and have no idea when the thing was purchased and I do not have the original instructions.