Time for a new mistress

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enn

Reaction score
After 9 years of pretty close and faithful relationship to my FJR 08 AS I decided to upgrade to mistress 2.0. Here she is on the assembly board: the Super Tenere 2018 XT1200ZE Raid edition. It will stay at the dealership until spring though (riding season is over here) and I can go there every now and then to cheer her up.

I did love the FJR very much but somehow missed the traction control and cruise. For long I could not make up my mind if I will buy a new gen 3.5 or go for entirely different setup. Well, life is short, so I give a try to adventure type of relationship. Perhaps I will keep the FJR, have not made up my mind yet. Not sure how these to characters will come along in the same stable though. Any good advice from ST owners is warmly welcome.

h3rrl2e.jpg

z2o4oiJ.jpg

cqV57eI.jpg

Congrats on the new Tenere. Keep us posted on the farkle progress and how you end up outfitting it.

Keep both bikes for a while. I find that each one fills a particular void and compliment the other nicely. It's good to have some variety once in a while!

BTW; you'll recognize a few inmates on the Yamaha Super Tenere forum. Good information there too.

~G

NICE! Good luck with it.

And too late for me but looking at those hand-guards, I'm curious if they'd be a better fit on the FJR than the ol' V-Stroms?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BigOgre" data-cid="1409061" data-time="1542318760"><p>

NICE! Good luck with it.<br />

<br />

And too late for me but looking at those hand-guards, I'm curious if they'd be a better fit on the FJR than the ol' V-Stroms?</p></blockquote>

George, escapefjrtist, has both in his garage, he could give a good opinion.

After long and cold winter I could finally do my maiden ride on the very new ST. Whoa, what a bike! I rode 9 years on FJR and thought that's as good as it can get. Well, no offense, but it feels to me that the Super Tenere is even better for me. Very comfortable riding position, good wind protection, spot on clutch, a stock seat that after 2 h of riding today I had no pains at all, great motor, extremely effortless handling and turning, smooth suspension.

With FJR it took me every spring a month worth of riding until my body got used to the riding position, but with ST it is right there form the start, no pains anywhere. You might think again what's going to be your next bike
rolleyes.gif

cwWtlDV.jpg

hsUQtXM.jpg

Nice ride, Enn. There’s a really good reason all the ADV bikes are so popular: it’s because they are fun! And you don’t really give up all that much. I’ve always said that if you can only have one bike it should be an ADV. lucky for me I can have more, so I kept my FJR.